When the French dækfirma Michelin in the evening handing out their one, two, and three stars to the restaurants in the nordic countries, they are not to give to the world's best chef.
Kenneth Toft-Hansen recently won the unofficial WORLD championship for chefs, Bocuse d'or. Therefore, it would be natural to think that he may get a star or two in the evening, when it gets loose in the concert hall in Aarhus.
the World's best chef is, however, not at all in the game of the year. His hotel and restaurant Svinkløv Badehotel burned to the ground in september 2016, and has not been open since.
But even if the inspectors from Michelin to lay the road past the north beach, when it opens later in the year, springer Kenneth any.
- I will not have a Michelin star, joins the chef totally out.
Svinkløv Badehotel is being rebuilt, so it is both inside and out appear true to the burnt down original. Kenneth Toft-Hansen is not only for the battle in the kitchen, but is also a tenant, and all the glory along with his wife, Louise Toft-Hansen, and for them it's about something completely different than stars.
- It is not what drives the work for us, it is the raw materials, and it should not be something fine. It should just be a medley of plaice, says Kenneth.
He can call himself world champion, but dream not of more glory in the form of stars. His dreams are, however, more down to earth.
- of course It is cool to get recognition, but it is a bit like a sport, and it is absolutely amazing to be world champion. But my big dream is still Svinkløv, says the modest royal chef.
even Though he has his dishes for the Bocuse d'or has shown that he belongs in the absolute top, he promises badehotellets regulars to keep the menu simple.
- Michelin-starred restaurants is for the few. It is not at all what Svinkløv Badehotel stands for. It is bare feet, summer dresses and ice-lollies, run.
Kenneth and Louise Toft-Hansen has not yet announced a opened out, but they're working hard to get the last details in place.
even Though 2019 already have seen peeks in abundance - in the form of first a baby and then won the WORLD cup - can they not at all wait to the after almost two and a half years of involuntary break can finally drive hotel and restaurant again.
- The kribler really in the fingers to open again. We are the at work because we think it is great to have guests, " says Kenneth.
Enough, he is not in the queue to get a star, but he is still with Michelin ceremony in the concert hall in Aarhus on Monday night as the guest of honor. And despite the fact that he does not even want to have a star, hope he is on more to Denmark.
- I'm rooting for them all along. The more stars we have in the country, the better it is for all of us.