When the Thursday came, to Trump and the USA will tear itself loose of the Open Skies treaty, it was also a symbol of the fact that the restrictions, to which Russia and the UNITED states put on each other at the end of the cold war, is coming out with the bathwater.
- The only thing that is left now, is the treaty, called New START. The treaty puts a limit on how many nuclear weapons Russia and the UNITED states must develop, says Kristian Søby Kristensen, vicecenterleder of the Center for Military Studies and senior research fellow at the Department of Political science at the University of Copenhagen, denmark, to Ekstra Bladet.
See also: The New York Times: Trump will withdraw from the 'Open Skies treaty'
New START is an abbreviation of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (new strategic militærreduktion treaty, ed.).
- it Will not be renewed, there is almost no more back. Most of the limits, which were agreed at the end of the cold war, has fallen away.
As it looks now, there is a long way for that New START will be extended.
- I am becoming more and more pessimistic about it actually being renewed. It takes a long time to get such a negotiated, said the expert.
- You should already be in progress now, and it does not work for, it stands particularly high on the us administration's agenda.
the UNITED states enters an election year, and therefore have the God's own country is much else to see to.
- you Can do anything from denmark?
The man well, but we are not in ’the club’. On the way, it is a bilateral relationship between Russia and the UNITED states, says Kristian Søby.
- There is no doubt that Europe has an interest in creating a clear framework for how the stock of nuclear weapons is developing between Russia and the UNITED states.
War & disasters - 21. may. 2020 - pm. 12:53 TV host calls Trump for 'a sick person'