Kevin Magnussen and Haas-fans should cross your fingers that the VF-20’eren is well born, and competitive from the start of the season.
there is no view of any updates to the.
Corona-the crisis and the prospect of fewer resources closes for the coffers from team owner Gene Haas. First and foremost is to get through the season with what you have.
- currently, we plan no upgrades, before we know this year's budget, and how many races to run. I can't use the money, as I do not know if I have. We have to be very careful with what we do, " says Günther Steiner, amongst others, Extra Magazine in a video conference.
- We all know that revenue falls with fewer races and ran without spectators. First and foremost, we must participate, with what we have and do our job as well as possible without errors in the races and the sessions.
Tentatively is scheduled for eight grandprixer in Europe, while the second half of the season is expected to be published in July.
The compressed program places great demands on the stocks of spare parts, where some teamchefer have expressed concern that the risk to run out, when there should be run eight times in the course of ten weeks.
- the Situation with spare parts is easier, because we are not planning any upgrades. We know which races to run, and what is required. Of course, we are not planning after to have many accidents.
Declining revenues have significant implications for the Haas' budget for this season. Photo: Jan Sommer
- Right now we are working out from an average year, what spare parts terms and should not get in trouble. There are no economic problems with spare parts, but as I said, there will be no more updates or udviklingsdele at least in the beginning.
On a small team as Haas goes up to the a half years from the idea until a significant change has been verified and is sitting on the car. When the season is only six months, we are limited in how much they get out of to introduce new parts.
- When you not only have fewer races, but also a more compressed program, it is important not to make mistakes at any time, says Steiner.
- You have to make the decisions now. And the stupidest thing would be to spend money on the development of parts now and then not have the money to produce them. It helps no one. As a company, we need to look at the risk, and we are in an extraordinary year.
- Upgrades are never as big as you would like to have, and in this case we can do much on the first car, says Haas-the boss.
Traditionally, the team has been talented to build a good car from the start of the year, but challenged in the development of the.
See also: Rates depending on the Haas
See also: Development? Forget it
the Number of the years affects how much teams stand to earn, but also for the autumn will be possible to run in front of spectators. When running for the empty grandstands, the result is not the same for Formula 1 from the promotorerne.
Haas, the season begins in Austria, with a car very similar to what they would have run with in Australia. Ferrari has already the second generation of the year engine and gearbox ready, but it is Haas not to sæsonpremieren, informs Steiner.
Kevin Magnussen is fully aware of how the economy has cramped on the team - READ more here.
Sports and Games Kevin's own prescription: The perfect start
Sports and Games Banerekorder will be smashed: More aircraft than a racing car