The former politilederen Eirik Jensen was sentenced to the statutory strictest punishment - 21 years in prison - in the Oslo district court in september 2017. 61-year-old, appealed on the spot, and since that time he has fought his life's battle to be exonerated in the court of appeal.
Eirik Jensen has even said that it is about life when the case against him in these days will be settled in the Borgarting court of appeal, and just after at 09.00 today started the dramatic procedures in the appeal.
Where the prosecution, by Spesialenheten for police matters, and Jensen's defenders put forward his argument for the evidence. 73 rettsdager, over 120 witnesses and thousands of documents should be accounted for.Now is the battle in the Morrison case: "It will be tough to sit and listen to
In what is the second last trial that goes before a jury, should the prosecution try to convince the jury that it is beyond doubt that Eirik Jensen held his protective hand over the "hasjbaronen" Gjermund Cappelen.
Jensen and his defenders think on their page that Cappelen was one of Jensen's main informants, and a source he used to have a list of what was moving on the inside of the various criminal environments."Nice working relationship"
Spesialenheten-chief Jan Egil Presthus started its procedure by addressing two items that he believes is damning for Jensen:
Cappelen should have waited a importation 9. or 10. February 2011 from a new supplier in the Netherlands.
In the sms 9. February 2011 asks Jensen, "How are you?" and Cappelen responds immediately, "Good! Possible it will work in the house in the morning."
According to Cappelen, this means that it is possible there will be a load in the morning. Jensen replied in the sms the same day that "It fits well. it is reported fine piece conditions.,".
at the same time ran the police, under Eirik Jensen's management, operation Banjul, aimed at west african criminals in Oslo. Jensen has in court verified that he in part had contact with Cappelen because of the operation.So determined Jensens fate the Newspaper Plus
He also takes for himself the operation "Lagereske".
- Eirik Jensen has shifting explanations that gives him little credibility. The explanations also provide no logical sense, " says Presthus.
He says that spesialenheten think the episode fits fully with cappelen in his explanation about Jensen's role, which went out on that Jensen should warn about seizures that could belong to Cappelen.Eirik Jensen's roommate analysed the evidence: - Found something I did not get to vote. Plus
- We can't see any other plausible reason for Eirik Jensen's actions in February, " he continues.
He believes that the contact in February 2011, in the period when the police conducted the Operation "Banjul" and "Lagereske", shows the communication between the ringleader in Norway, supplier and hovedmannens sidekick in the police.
- We don't see that this can have no relation to Jensen's service in the police, " says Presthus, who then goes on to a case from 2012, where Cappelen received 150 kilograms of hashish from the Netherlands 13. October.- When will it gravestart?
The 24. september 2012 asked Jensen Cappelen about "When will it be gravestart, I have prepared m long now".
Cappelen replied the same day that "count gravestart at the end of the week".Eirik Jensen to the Newspaper: - This is the evidence that gives me hope. Plus,
The 29. september 2012 signed Jensen to Cappelen about the "excellent conditions in the forest now..", and the 30. september 2012 wrote Jensen, "Top here.,", after which Cappelen immediately answered "Fine, not heard anything. Provides information when it is relevant to work."
3. October sent Cappelen following message:
"Deferred construction-approx. 2 weeks".
- We have assumed that Cappelen and Jensen met 8. October, says Presthus, who adds that the messages "indicate that Jensen has fulfilled its role to warn about the police's resource position".
- Interprets one communication to have real content, they have no meaning, " he says.
He believes, however, that Jensen's response is interesting, not because it says so much about this entry, but because it says a lot about their relationship, according to Presthus.
12. October, the day before the arrival of 150 kg, enter Cappelen.
"count on you to hear from me in the morning".
"Nice stuff, will be working out, when is d signed knallvær," answers Jensen.
Jensen reports knallvær, and we know that the Oslo police were deeply involved in several projects. We believe he here fulfills his role by notifying Cappelen. says Presthus.Contributed to cappelen in his case. Now he has Eric Jensen's old job Dagbladet Plus - Not officials
the Prosecutor Guro Glærum Kleppe went on to explain the basis for the indictment:
Jensen is not prosecuted for sitting officials for Cappelen on Sunday, or to sit guard at Ramstadsletta when the cannabis resin to be unloaded there, " she says.
She says the jury must be convinced that Cappelen ran innførselsvirksomhet and that Jensen knew about this.
Cappelen is well known that the court sentenced for the importation of 16 tonnes of cannabis resin, and has appealed the punishment at 15 years in prison.
- Eric Jensen says that all contact between he and Cappelen is tjenstlig related. Why deny him then that he has knowledge of the cappelen in his hasjvirksomhet? It is said that "the best is often the worst", and this is natural, " says Kleppe.
- That informants are criminals and that the police know about it, is not something special. Eirik Jensen refuses to know the business, because it is a necessary explanation for the disputed this claim, she continues.JENSEN-the CASE: This week starts the procedures in the trial of Eirik Jensen and Gjermund Cappelen. So the next few days of the appeal. Liveoppdateringer through the day will get you on the newspaper.no. Video: Nicolai Delebekk / Dagbladet Show more - Completely incomprehensible
She believes Jensen's actions over many years are so well proven that he is not going away conviction if the jury found that Jensen knew of cappelen in his role as hasjbaron.
She also refers to the Jensen's explanation that he has not sought up Cappelen in the police records.
- The most important thing is that it is a completely incomprehensible explanation. About the contact with Cappelen was tjenstlig related, it would be legitimate to check.
It is expected that sluttprosedyrene will last for at least three days. Then follow fagdommerens rettsbelæring for the jury which will take place next week.
When it is over, the jury will retire to take a position on the issue of guilt. The discussions will be led by the mayor, but apart from that, there are few guidelines for how they resolve it. For that Jensen should feel guilty, it requires that at least seven of the ten jurors answer yes on the issue of guiltThese are the questions the Norway's last jury have to answer