Eirik Harberg was not particularly surprised when it was ticking a SMS with the information that there was a package waiting for him in the middle of the christmas rush.
I got a SMS, which apparently came from the Post's phone number, with the information that they had tried to deliver a package to me - but that it lacked porto. In the message followed with a link, which took me to a webpage that is completely similar to the Post's website."Tulletelefonen" scaring the norwegians: - I know who you are! dinside
Harberg says himself that he is conscious of fraudulent activity, but that he in this case was close to be fooled. For when one enters on the website, which is almost a mirror image of the post.now, is the package number finished utfyllt.
If you click on the link to "track" the package, one comes to a new page where you are asked to pay five dollars in missing postage to take possession of the package.
- I'm waiting on several packages now in the christmas season. And it would not have been so strange if a sender in julestresset had forgotten to pay the full postage until the package was delivered to the post, he says to Dagbladet.
It was only when he discovered the URL, i.e. the url, of the page he visited that he was sure that it was a scam. For the record.the club he had never heard of.- Delete the message
Norway is familiar with the text messages that have been sent out, and react strongly on what they describe as a cynical scam.So can you handle the new telefonsvindelen dinside
- We also have seen in the past that it has been sent out tens of thousands, not to say millions, of e-mails where our brand is exploited by bandits and thugs. We see it especially now in the christmas season, where there are so many packages being sent across the country, that many people exploit the opportunity to commit fraud, " says John Eckhoff, officer in Posten Norge.
He emphasises that the Post know the address of the people who live in the Uk, and that you are not prompted to enter payment details on the way.
- Delete the message, we know your address. We recommend everyone to download Its sporingsapp. Where do you get all the information you need, and you can also be sure that the information you find comes from the us, " he says.
In addition, he is asking people to be påpasselige to look at the url.
- The only the websites we operate are the mail.no, the bring.en and bring.com, he says.BILSVINDLEREN: He is sitting in a cafe with a pc, a mobile phone and is ready to scam for almost a half a million so that he can trick a car dealership to give him a luksusbil. Video: the Insider / MAX Read more here: http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/pa-15-minutter-svindler-han-til-seg-en-bil-verdt-450-000-kroner/66584647 Show more - Exploiting christmas stress
Harberg respond to that text message came from the same phone number as the Email previously used to contact him.
- Unfortunately, then we see that there is a possibility for people who want to utilize it in today's telecommunications network. They manage to get it to look like that the message comes from the Mail, " says Eckhoff, and adds:the Scam e-mail threatens to send porn to friends and family dinside
- It is very typical that they exploit a holiday like christmas, where there is intense press and where virtually everyone in the country get a package. I does not cease to be surprised at how cynical these thugs are. They exploit a brand that is strong and known. It applies not only to us, but also banks and insurance companies, " he says.
- it Is applicable for the Post to report this to the police?
- We have made some attempts to track down these people in the past. They are hiding behind foreign servers, which, in practice, it is impossible to track down. If someone has been fooled, so it is a matter between the one who has been defrauded and the police. We experience it as our job to warn people against this type of scams.
it Is also not appropriate to report the abuse of norway Post's brand?
When we had not had something else to do, " says Eckhoff.CAUGHT: Hacker says she is from Microsoft Support, and explains in detail how radioverten on Radio Prime Halden should go ahead to give her access to the computer his. Clip: Radio Prime Halden Show more