It goes the wrong way for many places, and the situation can therefore very well be worse and worse.
the director general of the world health organisation, WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, had not taken the good news to a press conference on Monday at the WHO's headquarters.
- Let me say it bluntly: In many countries it goes the wrong way. The virus remains public enemy number one, says the director-general.
- If the core is not being followed, there is only one way, this one will evolve: It will be worse and worse and worse.
the Press conference was one of the WHO's weekly updates on the development of infection with the coronavirus at the global level.
And according to the news agency Reuters, covering the weekly briefings, was the tone from the WHO different serious on Monday.
- There will be no return to normal in the nearby future. There is much to be concerned about, added the WHO director-general its warning. He says according to CNN on:
- But there is a roadmap to a situation where we can control the virus and get on with our lives.
the director-general italesatte, how it is important to come to a 'sustainable situation', where there is enough control with the virus, so the world's citizens do not have to put life in sleep mode from lockdown to lockdown.
- It can be done. It must be done, he says.