According to the Stockholm urban outreach EU-team encountered during the last year, 37 children in the tiggerisituationer or other unsuitable environments. This is an increase from the previous year, when the figure was 28. It is, above all, minors in the upper teens as the team encounter, but also small children and a few infants.
Jan Jönsson (L), socialborgarråd in the city of Stockholm, says that the figure is worrying.
– Now it is such a short period of follow-up so it is hard to know if it is a trend. But we should not have any children in these environments, so it is worrying.
who have their habitual residence in another EU country is handled varies between the municipalities. The city of stockholm has chosen to not provide children with schooling, but the parents who do not have arranged housing and work for the two options.
– Either accept to go home as soon as possible and get help with the journey. It takes two-three days, and during that time you get to stay at the hostel. Or get their children taken care of. For we can never accept that they live in this way. The child should not stay out in freezing temperatures or in different forms of camps, " says Jan Jönsson.
We can never accept that they live in this way. The child should not stay out in freezing temperatures or in different forms of camp.
it has been in Stockholm during the last two years have not been any arrests under the Law on care of young persons (LVU), the applicable child and vulnerable EU citizens.
– All parents have so far taken the position and gone home. It has also been a fairly large proportion of young people between 16 and 17.
– It goes together in the sense that it not go together with the crc to let the children live on the street.
Jan Jönsson believes that the city of Stockholm is working in so far as it is possible for vulnerable EU citizens and their children. According to him, sweden is the only municipality in Europe that has a dedicated EU team who works with the outreach to the group.
– in addition, They have received a special mission to identify women who are victims of trafficking. Then you can always have more ambition, but we also have collaboration with different organizations which we support with money and the like.
Karin Wanngård (S) responds via press secretary Tomas Gustavsson to the social democrats in the city of Stockholm does not have any other opinion on the issue than the Liberals, and refers to the recommendations of the SALAR, around the vulnerable EU citizens and school.
”the Principle of the disposal was the case during the last parliamentary term, as we ruled,” writes Tomas Gustavsson.