Lone Hertz, 81, has under coronanedlukningen of Denmark embarked upon a new role.
Actually she is back where she as a 14-year-old had his first work: behind the counter in a shop. She has been a volunteer in Danmissions thrift store in Tucson.
– My lecture was cancelled, so when I saw that Danmission searched for volunteers to re-open genbrugsbutikkerne, I looked for, " she says, and tells that she as a 14-year-old went to the men in his father's læderhandel on the Temperature. in Copenhagen.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Lone Hertz thrives in the genbrugsbutikken in Rødovre Photo: Carsten Villadsen
– I think it is fun to be in business. The contact with the customers is a bit like lecturing, she says, if the heart is in many years the banquet of the aid.
– I began to ’back’ for Danmisssion, after I was over the age of 50. I have been in large parts of the world, and seen what help really means, and so you evolve as a human being, when you see what conditions the world's poorest live under. It puts our abundance and sometimes superficial approach to everyday life in perspective.
today is Lone Hertz has become an integral part of the team of volunteers in the shop in Rødovre.
– I have been a part of a good community. I've got a little family in the store. We have a common goal, and it provides a special ownership to the business. I can feel that I will be ærekær and go up in how much there being sold for – money, which so can be sent out in the world, " she says, and adds:
– There are many good thoughts in recycling. The money for the goods sold, help others, you can furnish a whole In line with Denmark to open itself again. will Lone Hertz also in the fall get busy with a lot of lectures, but she expects to be in the store one to two days a week.
And then she has incidentally thrown out in to make a special musikrum in the store's basement.
– I'm about to sort a lot of lp's which come from the estate. Indeed, I'm so old that I know who the artists are, she says.