It is a in many ways atypical case that comes to court in Dublin at the end of april.
so says prosecutor John Catre Nielsen from the Middle - and West zealand Police on the case, where a 71-year-old man is charged with possession of at least 2.2 tonnes of marijuana on his property in Holbæk southern hinterland with the purpose of reassignment.
He is also accused of, in fact, in two rounds in June last year, to have disposed of at least 240 kilos of hash, including the packaging for a man who drove hashen to Norway, where the person in question, a 51-year-old dane, sits in custody in the case.
This writes the newspaper Nordvestnyt Friday, after having had access to the indictment.
- It is a very large amount of hash, and it is found on a private address of a pensioner, so it is a special case, says John Catre Nielsen for the newspaper.
According to the national Police was in Denmark last year seized barely nine tons of hashish - the largest amount in a single year since 2000.
By the same statement it appears that the Middle - and West zealand Police in 2018 seized 2,03 ton of hash distributed in about 1200 different seizures.
The 71-year-old man from the Dagenham area, which, according to defense attorney Thomas Philip refuses guilty in all circumstances, is also charged with possession of more marijuana than the total amount of the hash, in the Middle - and West zealand Police seized in 2018.
That means in other words that the police during the raid on his estate 27. June last year, not found the entire quantity of marijuana, which he has now been charged.
It is, among other things, together with the 71-year-old, according to the prosecution, the 20. June last year, handed over the previously mentioned 240 kg of packaged marijuana to the 51-year-old man.
Also the 26. June - the day before the police struck against the property to the south of Holbæk - downloaded the 51-year-old hash, but according to the indictment, the amount unknown.
In both cases hashen shipped to Norway, according to the indictment.
Prosecutor John Catre Nielsen will at present not go into details on why the police did not know the size of the second consignment of hashish to Norway, or how much marijuana is actually found at the 71-year-old holbækker.
Only when the case comes to court 24. april, the prosecutor will lift the veil on the circumstances of the case and the large-hashfund and smuggling to Norway.
It also applies to how hashen, in the first instance has come to the property to the south of Holbæk.
The then-70-year-old man was arrested 27. June last year, and he has been in custody since.
The 51-year-old man as well as a third Danish husband of 68 years, were both arrested in Norway at the end of June, and they continue to be imprisoned in Oslo.
All three men have previously been sentenced to long prison sentences for drug-related crimes, and the 71-year-old from shailer park and the 51-year-old was in 2001 convicted in the same case on hashsmugling to Norway.
the Matter has also been rolled up in a cooperation between the Danish, Norwegian and Swedish police. Other countries ' police forces have been involved, are to be seen, and, once the trial begins, John Catre Nielsen get a little more into how the case has been unraveled.
Nordvestnyt has tried to get a comment from Rigspolitiets National Efterforskningscenter (NEC), but Rigspolitiets communications department says that they will not comment on an ongoing case.