ten years ago was nyprofessionelle Jakob Fuglsang, the main over the moon for Andy Schleck when the luxembourg comet won the Liège-Bastogne-Liège, so when Schleck on Sunday as his close friend even win the belgian monument, came the emotions to the boil.
- When I saw him run alone towards the goal, I was happy on his behalf. I was so happy. I knew he would win. It is a victory he needs, and it is a victory, he deserves it, says Andy Schleck to Ekstra Bladet.
- I was very, very happy, when he drove over the line, and I am very happy now. Jacob deserved to win, says Schleck, who won Liège-Bastogne-Liège in the third attempt and got invaluable help on the path of his young team-mate Fuglsang of Team Saxo Bank.
- Jacob did an amazing job for me in 2009 – yes, he was perhaps the of everyone on the team, that drew the biggest read. He finished 20 kilometers from the goal, but since then I have known that he had it in himself, and that he could win the race one day, says Andy Schleck.
- I'm happy that it has managed to do it now.
Fuglsang was nyprofessionel as he drove, which was a Stage in 2009, and the two riders formed a close friendship. Also, andy's brother, Fränk rode on the team, and the brothers soon began to perceive their Danish friend, as a brother.
There is a lot of water under the bridge since that time. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
In 2011 moved Fuglsang to Luxembourg in order to be able to train daily with the brethren. He bought an apartment just below andy's in the town of Mondorff-les-Bains, which is also where Fränk lived. It was in Luxembourg, Fuglsang met his current wife, Loulou, with whom he has a daughter, Jamie Lou in nearly two years.
- When I won the race, it was the first time, James drove it and he did a huge work for me. He had just been professional at the time, says Andy Schleck.
Here, ten years later, he wins so even during. It is impressive. And the way he won the race, call on the respect. There was no luck, no coincidences, in the game. He made it himself.
- He was the strongest rider, and he did what he necessarily had to do, namely to run away from them all together at the last increase and keep all behind completely to the goal, says Andy Schleck.
- What thoughts did you you Fuglsangs chance in Liège before the race?
- He was probably the strongest in the Amstel Gold Race on Sunday, and he was one of the strongest in the Flèche Wallonne on Wednesday. I was also number two in the Flèche in 2009, so I knew that Jacob was the one, you have to reckon with in the Liège-Bastogne-Liège this year, " says Andy Schleck.
- Liège is a race where only the strongest wins. It is a race where the legs are talking, and Jacob was clearly the strongest in the field. He understood that he had of the place alone.
- Jacob may not be running. He is a topatlet, but it's no use, he draws a large group to the goal, for he always gets beaten.
- He doesn't have the explosive forces to the last. He has, unfortunately, not the punch. He is a long-distance væddeløber, and he must come alone to the goal.
he understood, and he drove over wise and did what he knew he had to do to win, says Andy Schleck.
Schleck set his career by the end of 2014 and operates a bicycle shop in Luxembourg. He is working during the Tour de France as an ambassador for storsponsoren Skoda.
Cycling - 27. apr. 2019 - at. 18:55 Just before the finish line: Dane takes the ass at all
Sports and Games Henrik reveals the gap in the system: How to score the box on the yellow cards