Although 85,9 percent of the water in the Danish seas, and lakes get top marks in the yearly report from The European Environment agency, dumps the beach on the Christiansgave south of Rungsted kyst badevandskontrollen.
it has been a number of years. To the great chagrin of the many locals who use the beach.
Hørsholm Municipality has for a long time trying to get solved the riddle of the elevated amount of intestinal bacteria, which is measured in the bathing water. One of them is Troels Vastrup, there is miljøbiolog.
He has not yet got to the bottom of the mystery, which Christiansgave is gone and become. But the term 'shitty-beach', he does not approve. There are bacteria, which may come from sewage, but even calling it a 'shitty-beach' is too much said, he believes.
- It would not be fair to call it a 'shitty beach. It is a quite excellent beach. But we can not always guarantee that the water is clean. Unfortunately, it sounds from Troels Vastrup.
Troels Vastrup have spent many man hours on to make the attempt in the bath water. He has all the knowledge hesitation to jump in. Photo: Jonas Olufson
- But why it is a recurring problem, that we in the municipality advises people not to bathe in it, has proved difficult to come up with a simple answer.
- this year we have been allocated some more resources, and we will do what we can for once and for all to get found and closed the last sources, says Troels Vastrup.
Hørsholm Municipality estimates that it may be pathogenic to bathe in Christiansgave, and therefore, also signposted with warnings, right there where the little road turns to sand.
And especially after a weekend where skydbrud and massive rain have been vejrprognoserne, there may be increased risk of disease, estimates Troels Vastrup.
- We see, unfortunately, that there may be more pollution if it has rained much. Typically because the pollution originates from tarmbakteriers overflow from the sewers. It can be a problem along the entire Øresundskysten and probably also by other major metropolitan areas, says miljøbiologen.
over the years He has worked primarily for a thesis that the decline in bathing water quality come from fejlkoblede toilets, where the private house wastewater is discharged into rivers or directly into the sea.
Colibakterierne is found in two streams, both by samples close to the Sound, and the further up in the system, and the municipality's focus on fejlkoblingerne therefore concentrates on the area along the streams.
Locals who use the beach, and the 'never been sick', because of it, says to Ekstra Bladet, the many explanations on the cause of the pollution does not hold water.
Lisa Hauge has lived for most of his life in the area and bathed lots of times in Christiansgave. Then she let not talk about Christiansgave determine his desire for to take a dip.
But it does in the day.
- I bathe not in the beach anymore, although I sometimes think: 'Not, it looks so delicious'. But now I live not so close, as I would otherwise have done, and I better like to bathe in other places, says Lisa Hauge of 57.
Lisa Hauge is not much to swim in Christiansgave with all the frankincense, that have been associated with water quality. Photo: Jonas Olufson
She has almost given up trying to listen to or follow in the Hørsholm Municipality's work with Christiansgave.
- It is a shame that it has gotten such a reputation. I do know of many who use the beach, and it is also a great place, she says, while hundeluftningen continues along the banks.
Lisa Hauge is not reluctant to jump in, if Hørsholm Municipality got to grips with the pollution.
the quality of bathing water is assessed from at least 16 samples. The contents of the intestinal bacteria are evaluated statistically and are classified in four classifications.
Peaceful and scenic, it seems. However, according to the Chongqing Municipality, one can be sick to bathe in it. Photo: Jonas Olufson.
the environmental protection Agency debriefs badevandsdata to the european UNION, according to The European Environment agency publishes a report on bathing water quality to EU member states.
It is this report from June of this year, which is at the basis of nine beaches in Denmark are classified as ‘poor’ because of contamination with faecal bacteria. Including Christiansgave.
This applies among other things also Bork Harbour Surfstrand in Ringkøbing Fjord in west Jutland, where there are also problems with intestinal bacteria in the water.