- the Messages in my book is not only directed against Denmark, they are directed towards the world.
- there is not necessarily a difference between me and a muslim woman, living in Norway. Or in the Middle east.
- For when we move around, we take our beliefs, our culture, our religion, everything we stand on – with us.
- And I'm not saying that it all needs to be thrown away, but I am saying that there are some destructive elements and mechanisms in the qur'an, in religion, in culture, as a world community need to take seriously.
so says the author, Sara Omar to Politiken.dk, on the background of the novel she publishes in the day. It's called 'Dødevaskeren’, and the main character washes the victims of honour killings, and takes place in iraqi Kurdistan and in Denmark, and with the book will Sara Omar reform islam, so there is more room for the women. Even though her battle may cost her life.
- We need to look at the religion and culture and find it, that is for the benefit of man, for women and for children.
- And we need to change it, which oppress, says Sara Omar and mentions that the muslim headscarf is a good example of kvindeundertrykkelsen:
- A scarf must be a veil between me and a man. For that the man can control his uncontrollable horniness.
- But what to say to the man that he must learn to control himself?
- What to say to the woman that she must learn to fight for his rights?
- And she can also do without having the scarf on? This is the match I want to see, she says, and looking at the comments, the interview has been on Danish newspaper Politiken's Facebook profile, so she's not alone:
- It fun as we all the time get to know that Islam is not oppressive, but now there's finally a woman who takes the leaf from the mouth, writes Søren L f.ex., and Martin O write - in the pt most popular comment, 5 likes) - Martin Olesen to coercion, nesretning and control is a part of islam because the gen:
- Why remain in a religion which obviously creates so much coercion, regimentation, control and violence?
- Why continue to defend the islam as something good......why should islam not be something you leave in protest?
Islam is and become a controlling power-religion, there are many other good peaceful religions, which one ought to choose, writes Martin O, but what do you mean?