Malthe Thomsen has died at the age of 27 years.
It informs his mother Gitte Thomsen to the DR., She says, Malthe Thomsen died of a blood clot in the heart.
Malthe Thomsen's mother tells DR that he was found dead on Saturday in his room at the filmhøjskolen, the European Film College in Ebeltoft, denmark.
Malthe Thomsen lived through his worst nightmare in 2014, when he, pædagogmedhjælper was accused of violations of the kindergarten students in New York city. He was later cleared of the charges.
- He was so much more than a victim from the case in New York both before, during and after. We owe to him, that he should spoken up. His life must be a tribute to the life lived. The four years after the case was taken from the his young life, but he had 22 years in the field, and he had raised up and flourished up at the high school. He had it really good, tells the mother to DR.
Malthe Thomsen became nationally known when he was falsely accused by a female colleague to have befamlet 13 children. He was remanded in us prison in June and July 2014.
After several hours of interrogation confessed he did the crime. The police told him that they had video of him.
the Article continues under the picture ...
A relieved Malthe Thomsen, who arrived to the Airport after the allegations of sexkrænkelser dropped by the court in New York. Picture: Rasmus Flindt Pedersen
But his case was dropped in november of the same year.
After the case was completed, he completed the pædadogstudierne. But the frightening experience in the year 2014 put an end to the pædadgogdrømmene.
He started on the filmhøjskolen in the month of september 2018 there should be there to create his new future.
he told, en Ekstra Bladet met Malthe Thomsen in the month of august last year.
I can feel the relief, and I get more energy, and things going the right way, he said at that time to the Extra Blade on the future.
It took four years, from Malthe Thomsen was accused by his colleague, the two sides reached a settlement in an undisclosed amount of money 12. June 2018.
June 2014: A female colleague prosecutor Malthe Thomsen to have been abusing up to 13 children at his workplace.
5. June 2014: the Woman who charges Malthe Thomsen, gets fired, and Malthe Thomsen, get to know the management at his workplace, that the case is closed.
27. June 2014: the Woman returned Malthe Thomsen to the police. It leads to Malthe Thomsen is being arrested, questioned and charged.
2. June 2014: Malthe Thomsen is being held in custody in the notorious prison, Rikers Island, located on an island just outside of New York city.
4. June 2014: the Daily News brings a story of Malthe Thomsen on the cover. He is known as a 'sexmonster' who has been abusing the children.
the Newspaper reaches his medindsatte. It means that he is receiving threats from other inmates.
5. July 2014: Thomsen moved to isolation for the sake of his own safety.
8. July 2014: Malthe Thomsen is released against a bail of 2.2 million Danish crowns, when anklagens key witness still is in Greece. Therefore, more time is needed to investigate the matter. Malthe Thomsen get the message that he is not allowed to leave Manhattan and will be wearing a gps-fodlænke that detects where he is.
13. november 2014: the Prosecutor shall, at a hearing, that they are not able to lift the burden and give up, therefore, to prosecute against Malthe Thomsen.
20. november 2014: Malthe Thomsen travel home to Denmark.
Sources: DR and Malthe Thomsen
Subsequently, the defendant Malthe Thomsen and his lawyer Jane Fisher-Byrialsen both the crown prosecution service, the police, and the woman who had accused him. Thomsen got the 500,000 crowns gathered by the prosecution and the police 20. september 2016. 12. June 2018, he settlement with the woman who had accused him, and he was one of millions, as he is not allowed to disclose.
- There is no amount that is appropriate for it, as I have been through. It does not exist. For me it has been about what was possible, and then try to get the best possible starting point to move forward.
- To seek out retfærdighedsfølelsen is almost hopeless. Now is it the woman who accused me, who is being punished the hardest, but for me it is the police and the crown prosecution service, who must be a tad smarter.
- I think, that the settlement was good for the circumstances. We could not do better, as things have evolved. It is a huge relief to be able to pay my parents back and get on with it, says Malthe Thomsen for Extra Magazine.read more Close