in addition to the cooking had to learn the raw materials management, sustainability, köksterminologi and hygiene. Then have five weeks of training followed.
the shortage of human resources must reduce in the hotel and catering industry. The hospitality industry will need to hire about 50,000 employees. Chefs are the biggest flaw. At the same time, can the long-term unemployed women in this way get the work.
A particular focus is directed towards immigrant women who are outside the labour market. The year 2016 was 27 per cent of the women aged 16-64 years outside the labour force.
Magreth Charles Mnari is one of the training participants.
– this training and experience is in many ways a key to enter in the labour market for me. So far, I have recommended it to three people in my vicinity, " she says.
She came to Sweden from Tanzania four years ago. In the country's largest city, Dar es Salaam, she worked in the hotellreceptioner and with sales and marketing.
– I would ideally like to work in tourism, to get more people to visit and discover Tanzania.
Slippery, just want to disclose his first name. She comes from Lebanon and has great experience of cooking from the lebanese kitchen.”A step into the labour market is very important for me,” says Hala. Photo: Adam Daver
– Tabbouleh is my specialty. I love cooking, but have never previously had the chance to work with it for real, "she says, and continues:
" I really hope to get to continue in the industry. In practice, I have been working with the breakfast - and bufféserveringen.
has carried out his internship at Clarion Hotel Amaranten on Kungsholmen.
Josephine Axell and Wild Andrée on Jobbtorget Young Globe has been responsible for the recruitment of course participants.
– Many of our participants have cooked a lot of food in the home. They feel a sense of security in the kitchen, but they have not had the opportunity to work with it in the past, " says Wild Andrée.
through outreach activities. You have turned to several women's organizations, collaborative activities and Jobbtorgen and stadsdelsförvaltningarna in the city of Stockholm.
– It is a new method for us to outreach to a specific training exclusively for women. For the audience, it is positive that the training is so short, because a longer period of training may be perceived as a big step, "says Josefin Axell and continues:
" Our hope is that kockassistentutbildningen to provide women who are currently outside the labour market, a chance to become self-sufficient and get their own power.
on Restaurangakademin and the initiator of the project. She tells us that the six participants so far have found jobs through the training.
" It is clearly above expectations. But the training is not yet complete, and we think that jobbchanserna for our participants is good, " says Hannah Halpern.
Kockassistentutbildningen is a two-year project with a study course per semester.