I have so often thought about to what extent the 'fire' in everybody's 'help-support-refugee camps are for the daily work, as it takes place in the danes' home: Cleaning, cooking, gardening, like to do it nicely outside of one's dwelling with weeding, sweeping and raking of the area....
- I see, they get served food in the plastbrikker - I see, there is mucky....
- We - young and old - who support the society with their daily effort on the labour market, and at the same time we support the children with schoolwork and fritidslivet - must clear everything yourself and pay for, the fact that the people in the centers can sit and look.
so begins Mie H a letter to the nation! about life and the level of service in the Danish asylum and udsendelsescentre - those she calls, 'help-support-refugee camps'. Mie wrote because she had read the 18-year-old syrian refugee Rahimas report on a visit to the udsendelsescenteret Kærshovedgård - 28 asylum seekers went on hunger strike: Nobody took any notice of them(1223 comments) - and the nation! have on the basis of Mies's letter asked the head of the udsendelsescenteret for a comment. You can read below. Mies letter continues as follows:
- I think they would rather than would like to give a hand with the daily chores, but no one organizes it and teaches them the...
- They know not to what is required in order to maintain everything, what we surround ourselves with.
- A bathroom, shared by many people requires a lot of care and effort every day.
- In addition, it is difficult, for many men are brought up to, that they absolutely do not have to touch the “women's work”, even the poorest, the middle-eastern man is king at home and have a woman there - a “house slave”.
- Why writing NEVER get out from the angle?
- It is always the big jammersang on the difficulty with which asylum seekers and refugees have it.
They could also be asked the question : 'How had it is in the african slums with daily life....? What was your bet? What is your bet here on the spot?'
And the very end - what with the gratitude and respect, curiosity .....with a view on how the population in the host country through the ages have struggled to develop this community which houses them.
- however, They have been the energy and the track to find this, writes Mie H and sends its 'allervenligste greetings'.
the nation! have on the basis of Mies's letter asked Udlændingeinstitution Kærshovedgårds boss Niels Johan Geil, how much the approximately 300 beboerer participate in the cleaning, cooking, washing dishes, laundry, gardening, snow removal, and how many are employed to perform the same tasks. And the boss will like to reply to:
Residents in the areas of asylum and udrejsecentre must all enter into a contract with the centre in cleaning of their own room, execution of practical tasks such as køkkenarbejde and maintenance of outdoor areas, as well as their participation in education.
- We have 9 employed in the kitchen, and it is an external company, which makes a clean on the areas, the residents do not even make pure, writes Niels Johan Geil, who had not the opportunity to send a copy to the above-mentioned contract, but what are you thinking?