Scientists from the Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) has for the first time ever, revealed a genuine picture of a black hole in the universe.
It is the 'most direct evidence for their existence', says one of the project's leading scientists, Frederic Gueth.
the Photo, taken by telescopes at several places in the world and joined together for a photo, shows a black center surrounded by a luminous ring.
Science & technology - 10. apr. 2019 - at. 12:20 Big breakthrough in space science is revealed in the day
OVERVIEW: Spectacular black holes
An international team of scientists has Wednesday afternoon announced the world's first real picture of a universe called black holes.
over the years made lots of designed images. But the first actual photograph is described by experts as a milestone in the field of astrophysics.
Wednesday is going to be anything groundbreaking, probably revealed at 15 Danish time.
It is the European Southern Observatory, ESO, who presented the images on a large-scale press conference in Brussels.
Here is an overview of what a black hole is.
* A black hole is an object in the room, that have been pressed so much together by gravity, that nothing fills.
* If the Earth had the same density as a black hole, it would be so compact like a sugar cube.
* the force of Gravity in a black hole is so strong that it catches everything that comes near it: gas, planets, all the stars - even the light with its speed of 300,000 kilometers per second cannot escape.
* today, there are plenty of observations that suggest that black holes exist. But the black holes are still considered some of the universe's most mysterious objects.
* There are different types of black holes. The milky way's massive black holes is, for example, relatively small and inactive, while the other galaxies are known to have central objects with a mass equivalent to billions of stars.
* Black holes was first described by Einstein in the general theory of relativity in 1915, however, Einstein did not believe even in the existence of black holes.
* First in 1971 discovered astronomers have for the first time a black hole. Since that time, many black holes have been revealed.
* the Project Event Horizon Telescope the EHT, have been trying for years to capture an image of a black hole.
* By means of a network of telescopes in Chile, Greenland, Spain and France, the researchers have tried to capture a picture of the so-called's event horizon around black holes.