on Friday, got the two forsvarspolitikerne from each of their regjeringsparti together in a durabelig argument in Dagsnytt Eighteen on NRK.
the progress party's foreign policy spokesman and chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the Nato parliamentary assembly, Christian Tybring-gjedde, believes there is no basis for the unilateral fordømmingen of Russia when the INF treaty on nuclear missiles now seem to break down.RUSSIA's RESPONSIBILITY: Forsvarspolitisk advocate in the Right, Harek Elvenes, states that it is Russia's asnvar that the INF treaty break down. Photo: Scanpix Show more
Russia and the united STATES both have a responsibility to ensure that the situation does not get out of control, mean Tybring-gjedde.
Tybring Pike is in the uttakt both with the government and his own party. His argument is more like the argument to høyrepopulistiske parties in Europe. Russia's aggressive behavior outside its own borders is not acceptable, " says the Conservative defense policy spokesman Harek Elvenes.Withdraws from atomavtale
the united STATES has for several years claimed that Russia has violated the agreement on the prohibition of nuclear missiles, and threatened to pull out of the agreement.
In December gave the United states secretary of state Mike Pompeo Russia a deadline of 60 days to comply with the agreement. The USA got Nato's full support. NATO believes it has evidence that Russia has produced and deployed mellomdistanseraketter with a range of over 500 kilometers, in violation of the INF treaty.Expert warns: Now gearing up again
a week ago, the deadline for Russia out. According to the united STATES has a new diplomatic push is not brought forward, and the USA has now notified that in the course of six months will pull out of the agreement. This situation is a mainly when Nato defence ministers meet for a week in Brussels.Europe may be battleground
the right's foreign and forsvarspolitiker believes that first and foremost, it is Europe that is being sacrificed in the battle between the united STATES and Russia.
I'm worried that we are on the way back to a possibility that Europe becomes a battleground. It is not given that the United states ' deployment of nuclear missiles first and foremost a measure to protect Europe. It is also maktdemonstrasjon.
Nato's eastward expansion means that Putin has given NATO on the doorstep. American missiles will be the frame previously vasallstater, such as the Czech republic, Hungary and the baltic states.- Must prepare ourselves for a world where Russia deploys missiles
They are also an interesting discussion where they, if any, to place the missiles. It will be on the territory of another country, " says Tybring-gjedde.Need dialogue
He believes that now is the need for dialogue between the united STATES and Russia, not tougher rhetoric.
- you Now have Russia and the united STATES talk together. It is Europe that will suffer the most if the cold war resurface. I think Russia might be interested in a new agreement that takes seriously the changes that Europe and NATO have gone through the last 20 years. I hope somebody in NATO manne up and take the initiative. Perhaps one of Nato's newer member states? Now we no matter on the wrong path.
He believes that NATO has contributed to the hause up the conflict, not solve it.Jens warns Putin: - Nato's patience is about to run out
NATO has painted itself into a corner they cannot get out of. The west's sanctions against Russia in the aftermath of the country's anneksjon of Crimea was adopted on impulse without a realistic analysis of how the term would be able to revoke them. It has led to a much needed dialogue arena. The population of the Crimea is now relatively happy.
- I'm surprised Jens Disastrous strong language. He is not all the way to to recognize. He talks like a hawk. But he is well pressed, " says Tybring-gjedde.
In a uttalse to the German Funke Mediengruppe said Stoltenberg before the weekend that NATO will save the INF treaty to include more countries. He pointed out that Russia has complained that countries such as China, India, Pakistan and Iran has been developing land-based mellomdistanseraketter without that Russia has been allowed to do it.
But there is no excuse for breaking the agreement. On the contrary, we should strengthen the agreement and bring in more parties, said Stoltenberg. He says NATO to see what they can do to maintain the agreement and speak with Russia again.
I note that this is slightly milder tones than what we first experienced. That I think is wise. It is interesting to see that changing power structures globally will impact contracts entered into under other foreign policy assumptions, " says Tybring-gjedde.- Disrespectful of Frp
- To call Stoltenberg, a hawk is disrespectful. Stoltenberg is genuinely concerned about the west's security, and a neat and predictable relationship to Russia. He does a very good job as Nato's secretary general, says the Conservative foreign and defence policy spokesman Harek Elvenes.
Stoltenberg and NATO has shown great patience with Russia. The deadlines are given, and meetings have been conducted with Russia, without result. Nato-Stoltenberg patience has a limit.
Russia must bear responsibility for ensuring that the agreement breaks down. Russia denies having developed, produced and deployed new mellomdistansevåpen since 2013, despite conclusive from the evidence of western intelligence. There are no new american missiles in Europe, it is new Russian. It is not that the united STATES pulls out, which destroys the agreement, it is that Russia does not respect it, " says Elvenes.- Putin will not split us
He says the situation is serious.
I will not speculate in a list of countermeasures. The situation is serious. Hasty actions must be avoided. To maintain the necessary deterrence is fundamental for Europe's security. The first commandment is to stand together and not allow themselves to be split by the Russian propoganda and denials. Putin should not get split NATO, " says Elvenes.
one Must not try to understand Russia's situation to enter into dialogue?
- To understand Russia is not the same as to accept Russia's aggressive actions and authoritarian nationalism. Firmness and predictability from the west is crucial to avoid that Russia takes to the right towards independent countries, across international law.
He says the united STATES and Russia now have to come to the negotiating table.
- An arms race that can lower the threshold for use of nuclear weapons, must by all means be avoided. This is the rockets that blur the distinction between conventional weapons and nuclear weapons. Weapons that can frame as well as the whole of Europe with extremely short detection time, is easy to hide and difficult to detect, " says Elvenes.Asks Erna scroll up for the Defense