Pretty, it was not to look at. From its distinguished position as sixth in the Bahrain Grand Prix sailed Kevin Magnussen down through the field as a wing-shot bird without the chance of points.
the Team used parts of the following test to find explanations.
Basically, it was like most of most of the problems in Formula 1 that the temperatures in the tires was not within the optimal window. Enough is so important for the Haas think and hope the team can avoid a similar situation.
- I guess You can call it lucky to have a test right after a bad weekend. We were able to replicate the situation and directly learn of the problems. I think we've found some interesting things that could be the reason, says Kevin Magnussen at his press conference before the Chinese Grand Prix.
- they feel They have found some right answers, so it will be interesting to see if it fits when we get in a similar situation. But I think it will be different in China, which is a different type of pave.
There was not much speed in Kevin Magnussen and Haas after the first few laps in Bahrain. Photo: Jan Sommer
After two-three laps was dane's defenseless on the long sides, when the rivals opened at the kørerkontrollerede DRS-bagvinge.
in Addition to the dækproblemerne was Haas-drivers hampered by running with too much downforce (grip), which was punished on the long sides. Which is a solution to this weekend's race in China, where the Shanghai International Circuit features a 1200 metre straight.
in Order to optimize the estimated carrying Haas another bagvinge, which provides less air resistance (drag), but thus also less aerodynamic grip for the turns.
- We simply did not have the medium-downforce package. We have it in this weekend, but it was not ready (in Bahrain). I did not expect that we had so sorely needed, as in the case, says the dane.
- It was okay while timing, for there you have DRS, and the difference becomes less than in the race, but when you run without the DRS, you need to be more effective.
- during the race it felt almost as if something was broken. In the end it was our car for the much put up to speed on a single lap. In terms of both downforce level and tyres, the handling was the whole setup of the car is probably wrong for the longer stint.
- We know that the car is good. The qualified sixth on Saturday, so the poor run can only be due to the tyres and how the car was set up, says Magnussen.
Haas car was defenseless in Bahrain, where Romain Grosjean also not got many laps after the contact with Lance Stroll at the beginning of the race. Photo: Jan Sommer
He was Saturday five thousandths from to beat not just one, but both of the Red Bull. Which the Danish Haas-runs look like a single swallow.
- I just think they had a bad day. Verstappen was with, but the other Red Bull struggled with it. They have had a bit of trouble in the first race, but I expect, certainly, that they come level with the other two big teams.
team boss Günther Steiner is hoping that the deck-the anguish not be a recurring item; as it was in the 2017 season.
Sports and Games Kevin: 'I'm not adult enough to be alone'
We tried different scenarios, and it seems that we understand the problem now, he says.
- Under what temperatures, you run them over, makes a big difference. The first two laps were okay, and away disappeared our performance, while the others were able to manage their tyres. Our own fault, and therefore, we try to be better.
China's Grand Prix is the 1000. race, for WORLD championship. Which race defines Formula 1 Extra Magazine's experts? Find out more here.