The killing of George Floyd's brother, was on Wednesday in the Congress in Washington, where he is in a tårekvalt appeal to the politicians asking them to stop the pain, the police brutality inflict on the UNITED states'black population.
- I'm here to ask you to stop it. Stop the pain, said the 42-year-old Philonise Floyd to the members of the committee on legal affairs in the House of Representatives.
- George asked for help and was ignored. Please listen to the call, I come to you now, to the call of our families and the calls sounds in the streets all over the world, he said.
Philonise Floyd spoke to the members of the committee on legal affairs, on the day after his brother had been buried.
He is the first of a number of persons who are summoned to a hearing in connection with a comprehensive proposal to reform the police, writes the newspaper the New York Times.
George Floyd died in connection with an arrest in Minneapolis, where a police officer restrained him on the ground by pressing his knee against his neck in barely nine minutes.
the Police had been summoned by employees of a store, as suspected, that George Floyd had tried to pay for cigarettes with a fake 20-dollar bill.
- George did not do any anything on the day. He deserved to die because of the 20 dollar. Is this what a black man's life is worth? 20 dollar?, ask Philonise Floyd in kongresudvalget.
George Floyd's death has sparked large demonstrations in protest against police use of excessive force, racism and the killing of black men in the UNITED states.
- People of all backgrounds, genders and races have come together to demand change, said Philonise Floyd to kongresmedlemmerne.
- Show them the honor, show George the honor, and make the necessary changes, which makes the enforcement of the law to the solution - not the problem.