Many of the sick must fend for themselves in an amount equal to the cash benefit while they are fighting back after blood clots, stroke, cancer, or stress.
- Average-the team will find it difficult to pay its bills, and it creates an economic uncertainty situation, which can end in the rejection of medication, which in turn can exacerbate and prolong the course of the disease, says researcher in Sociology from Aalborg University, Iben Nørup.
the Problems can be traced back to Mette Frederiksen reform from 2013, where she changed the sick pay rules. Besides to frustrate the sick, the reform has proved to be an expensive pleasure. Even if it was supposed to create savings.
Mette Frederiksen reform from 2013, has affected thousands of sick danes, who now is in economic chaos.the Reform cut right to the sickness allowance from 52 to 22 weeks.
Reform sent approximately every fourth sick in a jobafklaringsforløb on an allowance corresponding to unemployment benefit.
Since the reform was introduced in 2014, has 120.000 sick been in a jobafklaringsforløb.
Mette Frederiksen arranged with the reform of every four sufferers are now being sent from the sickness benefit and on to the jobafklaringsforløb. In addition, she cut right to sickness benefits, down from 52 weeks to 22.
the Changes were to create of 1,700 jobs and provide savings of 385 million dollars. It shows the then calculations from the ministry of Employment.
the Reform has, however, proven to be a cost instead. Although the treasury uses a bit less on sickness benefit, so is the cost of Mette Frederiksen's so-called jobafklaringsforløb increased from 0.2 to 2.8 billion since 2014.
The total public expenditure for the sufferers are therefore increased by 1.4 billion dollars ago 2014.
The increased expense is due in addition to the billions to jobafklaringsforløbene also, that there are more ill in general, and that more illness has been longer.
- You have a lot of focus on the motivation, but it is not efficacious, when it is about sick people, says researcher Iben Nørup from Aalborg University.
She has made a big statistical study with 25.000 sick.
If I had to pick on something you could do differently, it would be to relax on the extensive documentation requirements and relax a bit on the accelerator pedal in relation to the requirement to go back to work as quickly as possible.
- of Course we need to work to get people back into the labour market, but the major focus can actually delay the process, she says.
the Social democrats: We recognize the problem
- I agree that when we look at the reform in the day, so there are things we need to look at again.
so says Leif Lahn, which is Influenced by beskæftigelsesordfører. It is him, as the party has set to respond to the danes 'and experts' criticism of Mette Frederiksen reform.
He has, however, no concrete proposals at present.
- We have to examine about it here karambolerer with waiting lists in the health service, it puts people in a difficult situation, and whether it is the right people in the right place. It is what we must have time to investigate.
Ekstra Bladet has spoken with some of the sick danes, which has been affected by the reform.
- It clearly shows that it generally does not take place, as it should out there, and that we must find the problem. It recognizes I determined that we must, he says.
however, There is one thing, Leif Lahn stick. Namely, that reform in one area is managed.
- I also just have to say that the reform has been more sick on public benefits, and it has given more money to the sick people. It was actually also something of it, we would - namely, to help more sick - and it is succeeding.
- Said in other words, it has not been an exercise in cutting expenditures, he says.
Calculations from the ministry of Employment showed at that time that you would save 385 million on reform. So how can you say it was not an exercise in cutting expenditures?
- What I'm saying, is that we have spent more money. Erfo have more received public benefits - that is, none have fallen off without income. Therefore it has also cost more.
- When I look in my figures, due to the increase in spending, first and foremost, jobafklaringsforløbene. Also, that there are more ill in general, and that more illness has been longer. Do you mean that you can thank the reform, that several sufferers are on public benefits?
- Yes, because the ones who are really sick, get after all, public benefits, rather than nothing. I repeat, just me though.
And then I say then that with the stories you come up with, is there some problems that we need to look at, concludes Leif Lahn.read more Close