Life on our planet is threatened. According to the research is the depletion of the biological diversity of the area where we exceed the planet's limits the most. Climate change that has received the most attention in the media and which, of course, is serious will first, in third place.
the Reports are many that demonstrates how we humans have penetrated little, life on this planet.
The total biomass of the wild terrestrial mammals have been reduced to one-seventh and the sea (whales and dolphins) mammal biomass has been reduced to a fifth compared with the initial levels
of domestic animals (cows, pigs, etc.), humans, wild mammals and wild birds are as follows: domestic 59% man 36%, wild mammals, 4% and finally, the wild birds of the 1 percent.
Recently, results were presented from a survey conducted in Germany which showed that the amount of insects in 30 years, reduced by about 80%.
the Results had probably been about the same if the survey has been conducted in Sweden. The very large reduction is something we all not children or very young with our own eyes, has very clearly been able to see and experience.
often go abroad with the car in the summer. We drove through Sweden to the south, sometimes we took the ferry over to Denmark, sometimes the ferry directly to west Germany as it was then and then further down in Europe where we stayed in various campgrounds in our femmannatält.
On the route Norrköping-Malmö, sweden a beautiful summer day we were probably forced to stop at least three times at a gas station to wash away all smetiga residue from the hit insects that kletats out on the windshield so that it barely went to look through it. Washer fluid and windscreen wiper was far from enough to make the windshield clean.
All did this at the pumps in the 70's. Today, you can run a whole summer without having to wash the windshield. It is almost so one is surprised when an insect slamming against the box.
and the cities grow. And it is still good to live in a big city all his life. But what many do not seem to be aware of; just so long as it is functional ecosystem outside that supplies all these major cities that are just growing and becoming more and more.
It is the nature and the functional ecosystems that give us fresh air, clean water, food, and others - now so popular - called ecosystem services.
The largest land-based ecosystem in Sweden is covered by forests and it occupies approximately 70 per cent of the country's surface. But et the most out of it, which is referred to as the forest no longer forest. The vast majority of the Swedish forest has been cleared and replaced by monokulturplantager of mainly spruce and pine. These plantations have very little to do with a real forest to do, which all the red-listed forest-living species is proof. They now amount to over 2,000 and the number is rising.
dependence on functional ecosystems, forests and biodiversity, and thus an increased protection of these forests and areas, but despite this, the trend is in the opposite direction. Than more and than a higher rate with the now in the parliament the hammer to the budget, which in the truest sense of the word really is a katastrofbudget.
We have not even so much forests left that would need to be protected to secure biodiversity and for achieving the riksdag and the government decided the environmental objectives.
In Sweden is only about 4% of the productive forest formal and long-term protected in the form of nature reserves and national parks. Below the montane region, the figure is just two percent, while research has shown that at least 20 per cent of the productive forest area must be protected and that much greater, taking into the account the other 80 percent being used must be taken that all species should be able to remain in long-term viable stocks. Something that Sweden have committed themselves in the national as well as by international agreements (UN and EU).
will the nationwide nyckelbiotopsinventeringarna to an end. It means that the last remnants of the forests outside the nature reserves and national parks will not be registered and therefore they will be cut down.
This is despite the fact that we no longer even afford to chop halvfina forests that today are not particularly worthy of protection, but in a longer perspective is needed to restore and rebuild what we destroyed in order to come up in at least 20 percent of the productive forest that need to be protected and exempted forestry.
It is not just the Forestry commission which is affected by the environmental slimmed-down budget. In addition, the Epa scored the overall operations of nature, climate and the environment slimmed-down with – hold on to your hat – 2.7 billion, 40 per cent of the total allocation. This is an attack and an attack against life and all of us.