- I wish to draw attention to my situation, which I think is very burdensome, impairs my quality of life and makes me feel powerless and sad.
- It is also expensive for society.
- An intensive care bed place costs over $ 20,000 a day.
Writing this letter with øjenstyret computer
How to initiate Birthe L a letter to the nation! about the help she gets from the Region of Zealand and the way, the help is going on. Birthe is 69 years old and have the serious rheumatic disease ALS, which makes her lamb in the arms and legs. She sits in a wheelchair, is in the respirator, and she must therefore have monitoring 24 hours a day by trained nurses with knowledge of/training in respiratory help.
D. 24. november I was admitted to intensive
Birthe seems, however, that she gets the help she should get, and the help the region pay for. It is namely the private company A/S ActivCare, which stands for her care and treatment. And it seems she is under all criticism. Her letter - as a Region Sjælland comments below - continues namely as follows:
- I have written this story on my øjenstyrede computer.
- on Tuesday. 24. november in the middle of the day, I get the message to ActivCare told 'keep crashing', that is, to the ActivCare no longer was able to solve the task of recruiting respiratory aides.
- The respiratory helper who was on duty with me the day of, got at the same time, the message to extract the respiratory equipment together.
- Furthermore, I got the message that I would be picked up no later than at 23:00 of the ambulance to be admitted to the intensive care unit at Roskilde - for an indefinite time.
- It amazes me that the private company A/S ActivCare assumes a task - in cooperation with Region Zealand - to recruit respiratory aides and to ActivCare so helpless to solve the task.
- And then leave the task to the public, with the consequence that I must be admitted to the intensive care unit, with the consequences it entails for me. And the extra costs it means for the taxpayer.
- In the intensive care unit is the doctors who have the therapeutic responsibility, in many areas differ from the treatment plan, I am in usually.
Use other machines and ask all the time
- And it is incredibly difficult for me to take responsibility for my own behandlng, as there is a minimum of 1 NEW nurse EVERY DAY in the intensive care unit.
- It is difficult and utrygt for me, since I NEVER know what the day will bring. Also, there is only time for a short introduction to the NEW nurse in the respiratory machinery (ventilators in the intensive care unit is different from the home raspiratore) causing hospital staff to wonder and ask if I know something to f ex settings, hoses, etc.
It makes me very uncomfortable.
- An intensive care bed place costs about 20,000 hours.
- I have been 48 days on the intensive care unit. Thus, approximately 960.000 kr.
- Completely incomprehensible to me, as I belong in my apartment - with respratoriske helpers around me.
- I don't understand that, sengepladsen, the nurses and doctors do not have to use their skills and resources to deal with f.ex. covid 19 patients?
- I would like to hear what the Region of Zealand's position is that the A/S ActivCare acting in this way in relation to their responsibility towards employees, society and citizens.
- My suggestion is: drop all the A/S's are making money from the disabled citizens and let the in-site social and health care aides /health care assistants - assistants to take the training as a specialty to their education,
- Training for respiratory helps take approximately 85 hours, writes Leslie L. and the nation! have therefore sent these three questions to the Region of Zealand - as they like to answer - in part at least:
- It is deeply regrettable when that happens holdnedbrud, as Gary has experienced. It is something we see very rarely, but at the same time also something that can happen when many employees say up at the same time.
- Our focus is to Birthe get the prescription help, as she should have.
- And she got all the way through. At Active Care, until it was no longer possible for the agency to perform the task with the remaining number of helpers.
- Then the respiratory monitoring is performed in a hospital, until a new team was trained , and the processing may be carried out in the home.
- It is important for us to stress that the situation is resolved. Birthe now get help from another agency.
What is the cost of Birthes using usually per day?
- we can not disclose
How many 'holdnedbrud', can you accept from a private care company?
- It is extremely rare, we are experiencing holdnedbrud with a private provider.
- Our task is to ensure that the citizen get the help they need, and when a private provider can not perform the task, find the region of a second solution, write the Region of Zealand, but what are you thinking?