GÖTEBORG, sweden. Victory after penalty shootout. But Frölunda has only made four goals in the last six matches.
– It is not exactly easy when there is pole in. We have had a lot of stake at the end, " says Samuel Fagemo, 18.
It took a fearless 18-year-old to stop Frölundas måltorka. After the 0-0 against Brynäs (the victory 1-0 in the extension), and 1-7 against Örebro was a 0-0 match at the Scandinavium arena against Växjö.
Ryan Lasch, Rhett Rakhshani and Patrik Carlsson missed, but Samuel Fagemo fintade up landslagsmålvakten Viktor Fasth on the stands and fired into the crucial straffmålet.
– Zero goals in a match are not fully accepted, but we must have patience and work on this during the training week. We have talked a lot, we should like to make goals and take us straight towards the goal. It is a process and it gets better and better, " says Fagemo.
The two points were important for a Frölunda who slipped outside the top six after the last five rounds. Even worse, the seemingly bottomless måltorkan. Fagemos penalty goal was Frölundas fourth goal in the last six matches. Actress, it was oceans better against Växjö than last time against Örebro, but many signs indicate that the måltorkan sat in the skull of the people of gothenburg.
– I don't know what it is that makes it is missing, that little extra. We have more shots on goal in almost every match now than we had earlier in the autumn when we scored a goal. Maybe it is so that we want to make the goal so much that we are taking trades in the wrong situation, " says Simon Hjalmarsson.”a Lot of shots where he already is...”
the Clearest example of this was when Frölunda had to play five against three in a minute in the second period, and the best chance came from Ryan Lasch, who shot from behind the extended goal line...
– Exactly. It can be it also, that we are chasing the target too much instead of to dare to be a little chilly, and keep in the half a second extra to get an even better location or maybe even pull the goalie. Or make a sidledsspel. I mean, Fasth is good, but I think we make it quite easy for him today, too. Many shots where he already is. He does not need to make any large movements, and it is well where we need to work a little extra, continues Hjalmarsson.
Frölunda has focused hard on målskyttet the last few weeks. Talked about the importance of going straight to the goal and to have the desire to make goals.
it Can be a lot of talk about it also, so that it hangs?
– Yes, it is clear, you should not stare themselves blind on it either. First and foremost we will work to målchanserna, we forget that job so we will not to at all. There we saw, in Örebro last when we left our gaming system completely and then wrecked everything. So the way we play on today is the only way to go, then the goals will come. There is so much skill in this team, it will come loose in the powerplay, and it will come off for multiple players in five against five. I'm not worried. It was just nice to see that we came back to the work put in today, I do not believe that we release to more than 12-13 shots in the three periods? It is extremely good.
How important was this extrapoängen?
– Extremely important. Not only for tabelläget and the score, but also for the confidence that comes out of that we won. We won at home and face the fans. It boosts up the us more than if we lost, I felt very heavy after this operation.