Brian Holm is not a man, that goes in a zigzag in the shower. There is a cash settlement, when he manifests himself – which he did on Twitter following Wednesday's cancellation of PostNord Denmark Around.
’DCU is rolled on the shield, while the DHF and DBU are fighting fiercely for their sports. Think that you should come to miss Worre,’ wrote Brian Holm.
the Answer to DCU's Twitter account fell promptly:
’Hello Brian - we are taking as a sign that you ensure all the necessary authority and polititilladelser to run on Frederiksberg in the next week, you fight well not only on Twitter? Nice you also just take care of it with a shutoff and forsamlingsloftet - thanks for the help!’
one senses a certain amount of acid...
Brian Holm laughing:
I think one should fight with everything you have. It is in cycling's dna, and so one must speak up and be heard instead of rolling over. Otherwise, there's not a damn thing. It is not because I do not know, it will be difficult. But we must fight.
Hi Brian - we are taking as a sign that you ensure all the necessary authority and polititilladelser to run on Frederiksberg in the next week, you fight well not only on Twitter? Nice you also just take care of it with a shutoff and forsamlingsloftet - thanks for the help!— Denmark's Cycling Union (@Cykling_Danmark) May 22, 2020
Lacked the DCU plan B, C and D?
- They only had a plan A. They could well have been more offensive in the press, I think. I heard Morten Stig from DHF in the radio and on tv, and I heard the DBU fight their case. But I heard almost nothing from the DCU. Now, there has not been a damn thing on their Twitter account in two months, and suddenly they are more active than Donald Trump.
Are you too nice?
- I don't know. If I had been president, I certainly would have been more offensive in the press. We must fight with the weapons we have. We must fight for the sport. Now I have called up and messed around a bit in the coals, we have shouted at each other, and so they must also have the atria in 14 days. Right must be right.
do you Have the impression that your råberi have helped?
- Yes, for now they are beginning to defend themselves.
Turn you're only on Twitter?
- No, I'm trying actually. I've talked with lots of people to make just one or another, that has cycling to do. It could be the derny race at Frederiksberg, in Mileparken, Roskilde or at Air base Værløse. I have spoken with Jens sing and sat, which has all the gear with fences and everything, and the derny drivers are eager to participate, " says Brian Holm.
Brian Holm in the civil. Right now he's busy knocking on doors around the cykelmiljøet. Photo: Stine Bidstrup/Ritzau Scanpix
He has actually also researched the old classics like ’Bordeaux-Paris’ and ’Criterium des As’, long, out-of-print one-day races with a mixture of cycling and the derny pace.
- I've talked with the riders – many of the professionals are still in Denmark - and I know I can get them to put up. Tonight I shall talk with Mads Pedersen. Riders missing the race, and it makes the Danish kontinentalhold in the degree also.
I have spoken with the chiefs at Eurosport, where I is the commentator, and there is great interest. The matter is now in the headquarters in Paris, where they – if it can be done – good can imagine to transmit a Danish cycling for the whole of Europe, " says Brian Holm.
He has involved DPPC (English Professional Cycle Club), an association of former pros with a big heart for cycling.
In the risk of well, that it is wasted effort – that it is simply not feasible?
Cyclists are accustomed to be downloaded on line. There is always a risk of being laughed at, but the essence is that one should never give up. The day, we are not complaining anymore, it's over, " says Brian Holm.
See also: Danish cycling bleed: - It's crap
See also: ‘Now it's good enough uphill’
See also: Fears of bankruptcy