LAST: 14 people are dead, according to Reuters. In addition, many injured.
In the 14-time Norwegian time came the messages about an attack against the luxurious hotel DusitD2 and a kontorkompleks in the district of Westlands in Kenya's capital Nairobi.
the Police confirmed it and even in a twittermelding.
the Area has been blocked off and motorists are advised to use alternative roads, stood there in the message.< p> "the Country is safe"
The 21-time on Tuesday night informing Kenya's interior minister that all the buildings affected by the attack are now secured, and that the situation is under control.
the Attack is being termed as a terrorist attack. It is currently unclear how many attackers there are, but it is believed to be about at least six people, according to NTB.
A suicide bomber was among those who attacked DusitD2, according to police chief Joseph Boinnet. He speaks of it as a "coordinated attack".
Boinnet said earlier that the police's goal is to rescue those who are trapped in the hotel, and to "neutralize" the attackers.FANS: Several cars was also on fire on the spot. Photo: REUTERS/Baz Ratner Show more
Now working sikkerhetsstrykene to clean up and secure the evidence.- Multiple shot and killed
Images from the site also shows several people who have been shot and killed.
Many of the guests at the hotel in Nairobi has also been seriously injured, reports the kenyan radio station Hot 96 FM Kenya, according to NTB.
A representative of the local police also says to the newspaper that several people are being held as hostages inside the hotel.Norfund has an office in the building
The Norwegian state investment fund Norfund has the address of the location that was under attack. It was VG who first reported this.
- We can confirm that Norfund has offices in the complex that is under attack in Nairobi. All our local staff are accounted for, and there was no Norwegian present, said the head of communication at Norfund, Inger Nygaard, the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet on Tuesday afternoon.
Norfund, a Norwegian employee at the office in Nairobi, but he was not there during the attack, said Nygaard.
" We find it regrettable that the Fund is exposed to this again. We hope it does not become too large.
ministry of Foreign affairs, enlightened at the same time that they are in the process of obtaining an overview of the situation after the attack.
the Embassy has sent out information on the SMS to registered Norwegian citizens in Nairobi. Norwegian citizens in the City should avoid the area, follow the news bulletins and listen to the advice of local authorities, informs the pressetalsperson Kari Eken Wollebæk to NTB.
DEVELOPING: Gunfire, blast reported that the upscale complex in Kenya's capital. https://t.co/NyIlwJyCzV pic.twitter.com/oeaJCFLqKc— ABC News (@ABC) January 15, 2019
According to Kenyan TV were six attackers seen on the way into the hotel.
Al-Shabaab took it upon himself Tuesday afternoon, the responsibility for the attack. A spokesman for the armed somali force says to Al Jazeera that "we have an ongoing operation in Nairobi".
the Reporters on site and multiple users on Twitter reported also about the powerful gunfire and several loud explosions.
- Please, help us, we hide us. It is svartkledde and heavily armed terrorists here, tweeting a person who is in the building complex, according to NTB.
- We are not in security. If I die, please be so kind and tell my children that I love them, whispering a man in a phone call to the kenyan newspaper The Star.
Several witnesses to have seen a supposedly attentatmann that shoots inside one of the hotel's buildings, writes the Citizen TV.
Photos from the site shows the enormous destruction. More windows are blown, and the emergency services are working to get the injured out of the area.EVACUATION: Here are people that were in the kontorkomplekset evacuated by the kenyan police. Photo: ( KABIR DHANJI / AFP / NTB scanpix Show more Previous attacks
In september 2013, 67 people were killed when the extreme northwestern islamistgruppen al-Shabaab attack the Westgate-the shopping centre, which lie in the same area of Nairobi.
Today's attack also comes a day after a local court ruled that the three men must meet for the court, indicted for having been involved during the attack in 2013.