the world CUP premiere against Egypt on Friday night in the Royal Arena in Copenhagen. Then, there are two players who feel a little extra excitement in my stomach. Despite the fact that they played both the OLYMPICS, world championships and european CHAMPIONSHIPS in the past.
– Yes, how does it feel here. I know less than yourself. There are many different emotions, it is well-slightly surreal, one might say, " says 29-year-old Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz.
Kim Andersson expresses itself differently.
" I'm really looking forward to it and have a go feeling even if I am a bit older. It should be pretty damn fun actually, there is a new group and a new young talent who want to show their prowess.
the national team behind him. Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz five years ago and Kim Andersson, after the OS-flop in Rio 2016.
Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz went so far that he ended up completely with the handball two years ago, but when his old club Rhein Neckar Löwen heard of when they have suffered a lot of damage, he showed up.
It ended up that he last year wrote two year contract with French stjärnlaget Paris Saint-Germain. And he would play handball at the top level he could just as well play in the national team also.
– It is a world that I thought I left behind me. Handball has nevertheless become accustomed to the bit to be back in, but to be back in the Swedish national team, it is a snap to.
" Why? Yes, it is a bit of an adventure. We have a good team, a great team, friendly coaches. I was sucked in, I barely know myself. Now are we closing our eyes and so we run. Then we see what happens, " says Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz.
in recent years the gilt the Swedish handbollsligan with his game. And it was precisely the game in the first place that got the coach Kristján Andrésson to get in touch.
" I'll readily admit that I was very taken aback and became a little sockerstinn once I figured out what it was all about. It came like a flash from a clear sky, and it was fun, "says Kim Andersson, and continues:
" After the discussions and conversations with förbundskaptenerna, so I felt that they were interested in having with me and that it was not due to old merits. They saw the potential and opportunities and had a picture of how it could look.
" When I heard it, so I felt ”why not?”, describes Kim Andersson feeling.Kim Andersson does not have the same expectations on this championship but intend to give it all. Photo: Mikael Fritzon/TT
aware that he is in the squad primarily as a back up to the Albin Lagergren, so that he shall keep the entire world CUP tournament.
– It is a role that does not put all the weight on my shoulders. When you were with before, so expectations were often very high and many thought it would solve it, " says Kim Andersson.
– But when you get the chance it is not, so I apologize for that, but I will do my best. What it means remains to be seen.
can bring forward, he showed in the second träningslandskampen against Russia, where he threw himself forward and scoring goals.
The Russian who got in the way had been laboriously pushed.
But on the issue of whether he thinks it is fun to play handball again, so is Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz not nearly as straight to the point.
" Handball is that the handball is. Sometimes it's damn fun, sometimes it's boring, sometimes you're tired of it, and sometimes you're tagged. It is more a inställningsfråga this time.
– Plussidorna for me has less of handball to do. They have more life to do, I got the chance to play in Paris and stay in Paris and have the feeling that life is moving forward every day. I need to be happy, " explains Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz.
Kim Andersson, who is healthy and injury-free, has 29-year-old had a heavy fall. He has not played much in the PSG on the basis of a lot of minor injuries, but also to the competition in the team is the cutthroat of his position.Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz looks forward – he is not only back in the national team for the world CUP but eyes on OLYMPICS 2020. Photo: Mikael Fritzon/TT
Now they are back and both can also see a continuation of the national team. Next year is the european CHAMPIONSHIPS being played in Sweden, Norway and Austria, but above all it is the OLYMPIC games in Tokyo.
– Had not there been so had I not been playing in the national team again. If I now play handball again, and do it at this level, I want to do it properly. With Time as a trainer, with a pleasant group, with the Apple (goalkeeper, Mikael Appelgren) who is a real friend and it means very, very much and only a year and a half to the OS, so there is much that is true, " says Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz.
not a few doors. But he is careful to point out that he does not want to come up with some old credentials.
– It is important to be honest with himself, and feel that you can contribute something. I would not want to be on old merits, but to me it is about to do myself justice, and then I can think of to continue. But it should work and be beneficial for the team, " says Kim Andersson who believe the Swedish handball goes for a bright future.
– most of the players representing the club and many are young and just starting their careers and yet they are influential in their clubs. It feels as if Sweden has anything big at the time.
It also think Kim Ekdahl Du Rietz.
– It is clear you are going to have expectations, it's a bit more fun and exciting. I don't really know what to expect and it is a bit fun.
the Group has already shown that they have been there. Then, it is to be able to repeat it. Then dream about the gold, it is the next step to be able to take it where the last, "says Kim Andersson, but adds ago with the elder wisdom:
" It is important to not float in the way just because you had a success last. Man must be humble before the task so you get to see how long it lasts.
Six tough medaljkonkurrenter for Sweden
everyone is asking itself how it should go for the new ”svenskkoreanska” niometersuppställningen Kim–Jim–Kim, with the surname Ekdahl Du Rietz, Gottfridsson and Andersson.
" Kim is definitely a player who has something special, and Jim shows that he takes the baton and rule the roost in a way that not many can.
– And then the old fox on the högernia, if he gets the chance he has well also any ace, says Kim Andersson and looks expectantly.
the Guide: the Handball world CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019 – everything you need to know