What is the hourly pay, as the 41-year-old Søren Vedel has been offered in the hourly wage of the Municipality of Horsens, in connection with a job in the municipality's it-café.
Søren Vedel is due to depression and anxiety førtidspensionist, but must at the ago of retirement to serve 70 to 80.000 dollars a year. So far, he would never have come up if he had thanks to they six hours per week by the Municipality of Horsens.
It had given him a weekly salary of 90 dollars and an annual salary of around 4600 dollars.
- And it would pay the taxes. I might as well just collect bottles. If I could find nine bottles at a time, it would be a better business, says Søren Vedel.
He chose to congratulate no one for the job. He would basically really like to have had it and be to divert the municipality's employees to a new it reality, and later also help people with it problems.
- the Project sounds really exciting. And at the same time will not be healthy by just sitting at home surrounded by four white walls. I can work a few hours at full blast. My skills are not less than in the past, but the problem is that I can't hold to work so many hours at a time, explains Søren Vedel.
But the 15 dollars an hour signals a completely skewed view of humanity, he believes.
- I think that it is degrading. I should have followed the agreement, I was suppose to have been in the region of 160 dollars. I will then of course not, because I'm førtidspensionist, but when the bid is so low, so I think that it is a mockery, says Søren Vedel and adds:
- If I have to be with in a team, it seems that I'm so stupid, that they only assess my labor to be 15 dollars worth, so I would rather be free. If they from the beginning had said, 'we think that of disability pensioners is the pure pak, so we will not give you any salary, but as a service to you, then you can come and work for free', so it had been more real. It dare not say, but it is in fact what they believe, when they offer 15 dollars per hour.
Søren Vedel is better than most to the computers and would have helped in the municipality's it-café - just not on the terms he was offered. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Municipality of Horsens: Citizens are growing to get in and out
the Municipality of Horsens are breaking no rules by offering Søren Vedel 15 dollars an hour. Further, on the contrary.
the job offer to Søren Vedel is according to the municipality covered by the servicelovens section 103 of sheltered employment.
When the protected employment is mainly a social offer, is the salary paid, not a salary in the normal sense, but rather according to the law a arbejdsdusør. The size must be a minimum of five percent of the overenskomstsikrede minimum wage.
In Søren Vedels case would he as an it employee in the Municipality of Horsens according to the HKs municipal agreement should have a minimum of 157 dollars per hour. Five percent of the amount is 7,85 euros. Thus, providing the municipality is almost double up compared to the law.
the Municipality of Horsens currently has around 220 citizens in sheltered employment, of which about 120 are employed in either public or private companies. The hourly wage rate is located generally on the 15 crowns.
Citizens are very happy with it. We have been going through a process where we went from citizens sat in the sheltered workshops, that we said, that all who can, should have the offer of external sheltered employment. We have a great partnership with the businesses in the Municipality of Horsens, and the citizens here will be very well received. The citizens are growing very to get in and out. And it is important to remember that they have retirement to live on, says the works manager in Horsens Municipality Cate Kristiansen, who, because of professional secrecy can not comment directly on Søren Vedels case.
- Why not just leave it at retirement instead of offering extra work for 15 dollars an hour?
- My position is that all people have a need for, that there is no need for one. I think that all people would like to contribute to a community. Many of the citizens with impairments or disabilities, as this group of citizens has never experienced being seen as someone who can deliver to society. But it experience the now.
- Is it fair that they must work for 15 dollars an hour?
- they do not. They get their early retirement, and so get the as an additional appendix, which is also a public performance, and it is so on here they are 15 dollars.
- But is 15 dollars okay?
- Yes, they also have their early retirement pension. There is a reason why they are here, citizens will be offered protected employment, or else they were on the regular labour market without their disability benefits.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------MIND: The more the better
Knud Kristensen from the MIND - national Association for mental health knows the other, who find work for 15 dollars an hour is unreasonable. Photo: PR/Niels Åge Skovbo
At MIND - national Association for mental health know national chairman Knud Kristensen perfectly well that far from all are pleased with being offered, what he himself calls for spending money to go to work.
- It is not the sheep, but it is how the rules are, and the argument is usually that they have their pension, so the work here is not something they should live by, but conversely is anything that makes you good, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
He meets both people who think it is degrading not to be offered more, while others are happy for the offer and have the attitude that it's not all about making money.
- We think, of course, that the more you are paid in sheltered employment, the better, but conversely, we also have a great understanding of that this is something the municipalities are doing to help people. And the type of work being offered, is typically not something where you are out and undercut the other on the ordinary labour market.