MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): She has drawn a lot of attention for the clothes she had on, and not less for the clothes she had on.
But now puts Caroline Wozniacki out a whole new standard. When she plays her match in the first round on Monday night, she namely wearing a dress of plastic.
Yes, it is good enough.
Caroline She biggest sponsor, Adidas, has ’bought’ and helped to develop new tøjkreationer made of recycled plastic from the oceans.
the Clothes are created in collaboration with the havbeskyttende organization Parley, and there is talk of recycled plastic.
- Yes, you can sweat in it. It feels fine to have on. As the plain fabric. This here is also made of recycled plastic, says Caroline Wozniacki with a grip in his træningsoverdel.
- I think it is a good idea, for there is so much pollution in the seas, and it kills many animals as turtles, fish and whatever else is in the water.
- I will be sad to see the kind, and it is one of the places where you can make a difference. You may well be throwing their waste on the beach or in the water, or you can use bags that are made of something other than plastic.
- You can do much even for the climate, and I think it is fun that you can make clothes from recycled plastic.
- Says you, who fly all the time...?
- I know that I fly all the time and also driving a car, but the small things can make a difference.
And so, I think it is a blast to play in recycled plastic. It's funny that you can take a plastic bottle, and crush it into tiny pieces and make something else out of it, says Caroline Wozniacki.
From threat into the thread. @CaroWozniacki in the new adidas x @parleyxxx collection made from upcycled plastic waste.— adidas tennis (@adidastennis) 2. January 2019
Shop now on: https://t.co/1JNa7KZb7X
- #HereToCreate #adidasParley #tennis #adidasTennis pic.twitter.com/dpVIJU4GQB
Parley's founder, Cyrill Gutsch, says to the Sydney Morning Herald that he is happy that a large tøjfabrikant as Adidas has gone into the project already from 2015.
- today there is no excuse for any company to use virgin plastic. We have proven that consumers are willing to pay a little more money and prefer products made of ’ocean plastic’ than other types of genbrugsplastic or new plastic.
- We would like to remove the prejudices about the kind of. It is ugly and of low quality. We have had to create something that appeals to people and make it cool to be miljøbeskytter.
Adidas has set a goal to use 100 percent recycling in the near future, and the company has already sold approximately 7,000 pairs of shoes of recycled plastic. This year, the goal is seven million pairs.
Nice figures impress: Caroline is the queen of the hardcourt
Legend before the title defense: A wiser Caroline can win again