A completely wild positive development has affected stem cell and blood donations in Denmark.
One single blogger has since Thursday been people to sign-up, and she did so by sharing a personal story on the social media Instagram.
- It all started with the fact that I got a private message about a little girl who is called Ea, says Mette Marie Lei Long to Ekstra Bladet.
the Girl needed a stamcelledonation, so she could overcome the leukemia which, unfortunately, had come back after an otherwise completing the course.
- She told me that there was no match. Neither in Denmark or internationally, and it touched me, " explains the blogger, on Instagram are 55,000 followers.
Mette Marie Lei Long was surprised how easy it really is to be stamcelledonor, and she decided to share her new knowledge on Instagram.
After I had received the message from Ea, I found out that a boy from the road I live on, has got leukemia. When it suddenly is about two sick children, who perhaps can be helped by something that is so easy, I joined with the same, she says.
Mette Marie Lei Long is very proud of the fact that so many have chosen to sign up. Photo: Private
Subsequently shared the story on Instagram - and so it went fast.
- I quickly got over 1000 messages from people who also had signed up, it was wild.
the Mother of two, who is married to actor Jon Long, got the message from the blood donors in Denmark, that there was come crazy many signups.
- There was come 2000 new blood donors and 1500 new stamcelledonorer, from the time I laid the story out. I was told that in January had been 195 new sign-ups, but last Thursday the figure was as 1500 stamcelledonorer, so it is increased tenfold.
She explains that one of the organization is 'blown completely backwards' over the many registrations.
- They are surprised how much a single influencer can do, she says continues.
- So easy it is not every time, but I live the of people to listen to me, but this is the first time that something I made is gone so viral.
Usually it creams, sofas, and other material things, as a blogger trying to draw attention. It will be she paid for.
- But I have not been paid for it here. This walk conveys I a message which affects all of us.
the Way Mette Marie Lei Long chose to convey the story was also atypical.
I sat there in my pajamas with a tear in your eyes and how are my followers not used to seeing me. With this story I was really struck in the hjertekuglen.
The popular blogger hopes that even more will sign up.
- I am glad that the story comes so far out. I sat also and wept on the way home in the car after an interview, because it is so wild. I have really just made a story, but we are now a lot of people that go together, and I think that really is fantastic. I am very proud.
Mette Marie Lei Long will therefore also very much like to continue working in the good cause.
- I talked with blood donors in Denmark, and I told him that I would like to be the ambassador for it here. Then he said: 'I think actually, you already are'. They are of course in the start-up phase, they have not used influencerer on this way before. But now I'm signed up, and of course I will put pictures up when I tapped for blood every four months.
There is not yet something new, about the many new entries are going to make a difference to the main Ea, but Mette Marie Lei Long is still in contact with the girl's mother.
- I hope very much that there will be a match.