Two weeks after the attacks, the security measures remain high. Hundreds of foreigners have been reported. Authorities continue to search for Suspects. The Archbishop urges now to rest.
Two weeks after the suicide attacks in Sri Lanka is tense the situation remains. The Archbishop of Colombo, cardinal Malcolm Ranjith, called in a televised address to the rest and asked Christians, Buddhists, and Muslims, so as to secure the peace.
In Negombo, North of the capital of Sri Lanka, it was on Sunday in violent clashes between Christians and Muslims come together. Several houses and vehicles of Muslims were damaged. The authorities sent some of the hundreds of additional security forces to Negombo and imposed a lock-in night-time output. The St. Sebastian's Church in the small town was on Easter Sunday, one of the attack targets of the suicide bombers.
A man walks through the St Sebastian's Church in Negombo. She was one of the stop destinations over the Easter weekend.schools
Under tight security, the schools of the country were opened re-opened. Police officers with sniffer dogs had more than 10,000 school buildings in the whole country before they were released for the classroom."I feel better if my child stays at home"
However, all the parents were convinced. "I'm not sending my child to school," said a mother. Just because the school Director says that everything was safe and has been scanned, you've still no confidence. "These Islamists can't be trusted. They even kill their own children, why should you then our spare?"
A father said the same thing. The security precautions had been tightened, but his child, he can't send back. "Whatever the authorities say, I feel better if my child stays at home."