OAR (Dagbladet): - When I stood on the start in the second half I was pushed back by the wind.
Mikaela Shiffrins word says everything about the conditions in Oar Thursday. The strong wind blew down several billboards and the organizers had to take down målseilene before the second half.at the limit
Today's giant slalom was, as all other races in the championship, moved down to reservestarten. Still, it was tough conditions for the athletes, and it was long talked about to move the race to Friday.
- It is difficult weather. It is bittersøtt that such a large competition is held here, because there are many athletes who are left with a bad feeling. Not because they run bad, but because they have been subjected to unfair conditions, " Shiffrin.
- I will not say something that makes people grumpy, but under the circumstances, these two weeks so I will not have an OLYMPICS here. We can not start from reservestarten the whole time continuing 23-year-old.
About the strong wind that was there all day, "says the american superstjerna:
" We have had many such races that have been cancelled because of the conditions, but since this is a world CHAMPIONSHIP, they had to run through. Had there been a verdenscuprenn had been absolutely on the edge.
If there would be any doubt: In a championship must all launders carried out within the scheduled time. In the world cup, one can move the race to later in the season, as for example happened when Garmisch-Partenkirchen is not able to arrange the downhill.
It was a strange race. It went as well as it could under the circumstances. It is difficult with the way the wind, you can not postpone or stop. You just have to tolerate it. We just thought: "Ok, it may not be fair, but we must implement".Screamed out in frustration after the fourth Will be worse
Several of the Norwegian athletes also said that the wind took the good, but no one would say that it was unfair conditions.
I was very excited about how the trail was in the day since it rained for the whole of yesterday and today. But it was perfect conditions in the ground. I tried not to think about the wind, but there was a lot of wind at the top of the trail and in the flat parts, " says gold medalist Petra Vlhová.
Sofia Goggia, who ran out in the second half, was critical of Expressen, and believes that Sweden's OLYMPIC candidacy is weakened because of the weather in Åre.
I mean they can't have the OLYMPICS here in 2026. We have gone from one extreme weather to another. That is not in Italy. It is too unpredictable weather here, she explains to Expressen.
Today's race was postponed one time and moved to reservestarten, but the organizers got implemented almost as planned.
But the forecast towards the weekend, do enough that the organizer did not sleep very well before the championship is over.
the daily news writes today that it reported a lot of wind and rain and snow in the Åre area both Saturday and Sunday.
- It can be a big problem for the world cup, writes the newspaper.Norway's prayer
the Conditions is guaranteed to be a theme also Friday. When waiting the giant slalom for the gentlemen.
One of those who have been tested in the harsh conditions in the Vessel, Leif Kristian Nestvold-the-Hill.
He believes that the weather has given the organizers a tough job:
- They have done a great job, but the weather here has destroyed much of the basis for that was. There is not much that will be before the substrate gets a break. At the same time so I hope that it stays real hot. As long as it is warm and moist so pieces salted well. I hope they are generous with the salt, he explains to Dagbladet.
We have trained in such conditions in the summertime and in the spring in Norway. To run on the salted snow is actually quite good when they do it right.
- And they have well good experience with up here?
- Yes, it has the organizer if they get to do as they will. The swedes have very good experience, as is the question of whether FIS will listen to them. I realized that they had not heard of them before kombirennet and not hit completely. The coaching staff from all countries was organised in treningsbakken at the same time, and it was armor-ice. It was not lost in the rennbakken, explains Nestvold-the-Hill.
Rasmus Windingstad, who go hard out and believes that he should reach top three in the giant slalom, despite the fact that he has not driven a race since Adelboden,
The only thing I'm worried about is that they have to postpone the race. Water and salt are the benefit of Norway and the advantage Rasmus. In the Uk it can rain in the middle of winter and we are used to salta relationship from the Public and Juvass. This we have done before, " says Windingstad to the Newspaper.
- the Italians, for example, has not heard about the salt. There have been a few austrians who have been shocked at the ecup-but when we have come out from the warm room when it rains. They ask only why we should run on the ski with such weather.Here are surprised Vonn by his girlfriend