on Wednesday revealed the royal family, to prince Joachim and the family, consisting of princess Marie and the couple's two children, prince Henrik and princess Athena, moving to Paris in the autumn, when the 49-year-old prince has been enrolled in a military training.
There is, according to the royal family talk about the France's highest ranking military management training, prince Joachim of denmark will be linked to from september this year to the summer of 2020.
According to Lars Hovbakke Sørensen, historian and kongehusekspert, is it an unusual decision, prince Joachim has taken.
- It's happened before, that one of the Danish royal family has allowed key members to take an education abroad. It is also seen with crown prince Frederik of denmark, so that part is not so unusual, but unusual is that this time it is in connection with a military training. It has never been seen before, so that way it's very unusual, " says Lars Hovbakke Sørensen to Ekstra Bladet.
According to the royal family invited the French defence minister Joachim to participate in the training in the extension of the French state visit to Denmark last year. He is the first Danish officer, participating in the training. The training takes place six days a week and takes place at the École Militaire in Paris.
Prince Joachim and princess Marie along with prince Felix. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Lars Hovbakke Sørensen believes that prince Joachim new education stresses that the royal family wants more political influence.
- It becomes the clear that there is a close connection between the military and the monarchy, and the royal family has decided that the connection should be even stronger. It here change shows that the royal family is aware of the tense international situation in the world right now, and that they put emphasis on the fact that the royal family should be set more into the situation. In a way it is an expression of the fact that they go into the international policy and will thus have more political influence, saith the kongehuseksperten.
Intl. royal - 20. jan. 2019 - at. 15:50 Was påkørt of prince Philip: - He has not even said sorry
According to Lars Hovbakke Sørensen will prince Joachim of denmark, despite the new training is not be set aside in relation to his duties with the royal family.
- There is no doubt that he will still be a significant part of the Danish royal family. He should only be gone in a year's time, but he is obvious to choose, because he, of course, already have ties and tasks in the military. Now he gets the opportunity to be briefed on what is happening in the whole world - among high-ranking politicians and military personnel - in a whole new way, says Hovbakke Sørensen.
- It hangs enough along with the international situation we have right now, where the world is filled with tensions. We have Trump in the UNITED states, tensions in Russia and a EU, as one does not know, whether is on the verge of resolution. It has not been necessary to involve the royal family in this way before now, but at the present time, where we may stand on the brink of a new cold war, it may be smart for the Danish royal family to have contacts in crossword.
Prince Joachim has since 2015 had a job as a forsvarschefens special experts in relation to the reserve. He began his military career as a recruit in 1987 in the Queen's regiment at sealand.
Jokkes French education
the Programme is run primarily at the Centre des Hautes Études Militaires, in which 30 senior officers to participate.
- the Majority of the participants are French.
- the Training focuses on preparing the officers to positions with the highest responsibilities, as well as to develop their ability to solve the strategic defence matters and issues of a political-military nature.
- Teaching in Paris takes place as a mixture of panel discussions, courses and study tours.
- During the training to participants on several trips. The team that started in the autumn, comes in the course of the training to London, Berlin, Tallinn, Helsinki, Washington and Beijing just like the team has visited Operation Barkhane, intended to prevent terrorist groups and rebel forces to gain a foothold in the african Sahel region across sub-Saharan africa.
- A smaller part of the training, carried out by the Institut des Hautes Études de la Défense National focus on strategic management and public administration.
the Training will take place at the École Militaire, which is located in Paris. Construction began in 1750, and the school opened in 1760. Napoleon Bonaparte has taken his military training at the school.