A Danish kicker in the NFL. With the surname Andersen.
No, the story is not about the time, Morten Andersen put the pointrekord. Or when he was included in the legendernes Hall of Fame.
However, it is the 27-year-old Phillip Andersen, who is almost out of the blue has taken a big leap from Europe to the NFL, which is the world's best league for american football.
on Thursday announced the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers, that it has signed a contract with the dane, switching from the German team Berlin Rebels.
It is something of a turnaround for the dane, who did not quite understand it yet.
- It is the game. It has gone so strong that I just followed with the flow, the answer to the question that is asked, and had a professional approach to it.
Sports and Games the League which shook the entire world: Skandalernes placeholder
- I have not had the time to think about what it actually entails to play for an NFL team.
- It is going to go up for me at a time, says Phillip Andersen.
The Danish kicker was recently discovered at a training camp. It was held by american Michael Husted, who was a kicker for the Buccaneers from 1993 to 1998.
the Camp had Andersen been on before. But this time there was extra schwung in the leg at the dane, which kicked harder and better than the other.
- It did the Buccaneers interested. So went there some days, and I was called up. They invited me to a private workout, says Phillip Andersen.
Also the private workout went well for the dane, which made an impression on the 20-25 of the team's employees, who were present, while he hammered to the leather.
the cooling-off period was short. On the same day got the dane to know that the NFL team would want to sign a contract with him.
After a few days of legal paperwork, there was a contract in front of the kicker, which in Denmark played for the Amager Demons, the Herlev Rebels and the Søllerød Gold Diggers.
Now waiting for a series of training camps in Tampa, which currently do not have any other kickere than Phillip Andersen on the contract.
- They have said that there will be pulls other people in, I must fight against.
- I will only spend my time on my own kicks. If they are good enough, it's perfect. It is the only thing I can control, says Phillip Andersen.
Phillip Andersen has scored a scored a rookiekontrakt of three years. The team may, however, suspend the cooperation when it wants to be.
Other sport - 4. feb. 2019 - at. 14:18 in the Middle of the Super Bowl: Millions of americans saw Jørgen Leth-cut
Other sport - 4. feb. 2019 - at. 10:47 Lay down flat after the big Super Bowl gaffe
Other sport - 4. feb. 2019 - at. 06:27 Big gaffe: the Danish tv-viewers are raging after the Super Bowl