HERNING (Dagbladet): A man in the Danish world cup-the city's extra happy that Norway plays matches in Herning, while the other layers are in Berlin, Munich and Copenhagen. the
For Bjarte Myrhol (36) is the handball world cup in Denmark, almost like playing at home. Norway plays matches in the group stage and hovedrunden a short half-hour drive from Skjern, where Myrhol live and play handball on a daily basis.
To play on "home turf " means a lot for the veteran.
It gives opportunities to spend more time with family.
- Missed has been great the last few championships, " says Myrhol to the Newspaper.Butcher's world cup setup Better player
Landslagsspilleren is on the collection and championships in around one month. It is a long time to be away from the children, Rasmus (6) and I (4), and his wife Charlotte. He believes the family's presence makes him a better handball player in the world cup.
- I hope to get the small dryppene with the family, and only get to see the kids. It provides release on the tanks ... I hope it can give me something extra to perform better on the track. It means a lot to me, " says Myrhol.
During the world cup in France two years ago revealed landslagskapteinen that he had received a drawing from his son that Myrhol had with him right up to the final. The drawing that his son made before the world cup, showed the dad with a medal around his neck.
- It was very emotional. The children are in my thoughts all the time, but at the same time do I need to do a job with the team. We have talked a lot about it at home and the kids know that dad to go away in January, says Myrhol.
He tells us that the children still too young to understand everything landslagsspilleren spend time on.
- The struggle to understand that I play on two different teams. And that I suddenly plays on the national team and not club teams. They see the posters that are hanging around in the city and wonder a bit, " says 36-year-old, who tells us that the kids come to cheer on Norway in the åpningskampen against Tunisia.the world cup-the organizer refuses the national team interviews on spillerhotellet Nine weeks out
Myrhol is a key player for a medaljejagende the Norwegian national team. In the world CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017, and the silver for finaletap against France.
- I is offensive to the entrance to the championship. We shall hunt for medals, but there are several others who want the same. We know that if we hit and have the margins with us, so we can go all the way. It is what we dream about, " says Skjern-pro.
A knee injury earlier in the winter bothered him for a long time and he lost valuable training.
- I have received many reassuring responses on the physical form. I have received a reply that the job I have done in the forefront is correct, " he says.
He made his debut in the national team back in 2002 and stands with 226 matches total. Only three norwegians have more, where Steinar Ege has the most with 262. A far håndballiv do that Myrhol must take extra care of your body and form. He even notice that he must grasp.
Løpeformen must be worked with before a championship. Especially in my position and the way we play handball on. It is demanding, but it has been a factor for me before the championships past, " he said.
- simply running training?
- Yes, it is only to tie on running shoes and run.
Myrhol feel nice after kneskaden where there was trouble with the ligaments in the left knee. After nine weeks he was back on the field.
It was a strange situation to end up and end up in the. It goes without saying that you need some combat training when you come back.To play the handball world cup a Long way
Norway opens the world cup against Tunisia. Your team will play five matches in the group stage, where the top three go on to hovedrunden. Where will the Norwegian group (group C) intersected with the best three from group D. In group D are Sweden, Egypt, Qatar, Hungary, Angola and Argentina.
The two best teams in the hovedrunden are ready for the semi-finals 25. January. The finals played on Sunday 27. January.
Norway's matches in the group stage in world cup:
Friday, 11. January: Norway - Tunisia 20.30
Saturday 12. January: Norway - Saudi-Arabia 17.30
on Monday 14. January: Norway - Austria 17.30
on Tuesday, 15. January: Norway - Chile 18: 30 pm
Thursday 17. January: Norway - Denmark 20.30Sagosen about strawberry-stunt: - It may look silly out