After the defense submitted its report on Tuesday morning, it is clear that the parties behind the report, is disagreement about how much the defense will cost the next few years. The four bourgeois parties want the defense budget will amount to 84 billion for the year 2025, but the social democrats and the green Party do not want to put an exact total.
" It is irresponsible of S that does not want to pay for the defense. The reinforcements proposed by the defense, we stand behind, but we must also agree on the money. This will cost, it will go up to 84 billion a year, and then we must be prepared to allocate the money, " says the L-leader Jan Björklund.
– Therefore, that the experience of several food is that the money is not sufficient. There has not been any of the reinforcements that had been promised. Time and again parliament has been shooting for the money, yet it has not been enough. This time we were agreed that the money should be enough to what we are proposing.
– That there are deep divisions in the government. The defense has got to suggest this but then it is so that the socialist party and the Greens do not want to do these efforts on the defence. There is a disagreement, both within the democrats and within the government.
– the Government is going to leave a springnota to the defense. It is unacceptable.
– this proposal covers a period which extends up until 2025 as the next few years is the defense budget set in stone.
And next year we should take this dream. The government needs to back off, there is no other way. My assessment is that there will be a riksdagsmajoritet for these 84 billion and a staircase up to that level. Either backing the government or the government run over.
– Yes, it does. But we are absolutely in disagreement today, and I think the government has handled this miserably. I trust that the government will back off. If there is a riksdagsmajoritet that establishes a financial framework for the defense budget, then apply it and then the government will have to comply with it. In a democracy it is parliament that decides.
the Centre of defence spokesperson Daniel Bäckström agree with the criticisms that's not to put a price tag on the defense.
" We need to have an agreement on the economy for the next five years. For without it, they are here sharp the proposals are not feasible, " he says.
the focus on defense if there is a fixed price tag.
– If there is an agreement that obliges it's in this mode, so, the risk is very great that they will reduce the allocation in the next steps. It is not acceptable for us. The big picture is based on a financing with, says Daniel Bäckström.
Even the Christian democrats and the Moderates is critical.
– It is a strength to the defense agrees. But it is a weakness to the social democrats as the big regeringsbärande the party does not have the energy to enter the economic level, " says Hans Wallmark, Research director in the preparation.
other bourgeois members left the house on Friday the preparation. On Tuesday, they saw, therefore, the broadcast of the press conference remotely. Instead of the eight parties, in parallel, on a podium so there appeared only the chairman, Björn von Sydow (S), and presented the committee's report.
" the paradox is that The four parties – the Moderates, the Centre party, the Christian democrats and the Liberals – were not at the press conference. Therefore, we stand behind the committee's conclusions on the direction of defence policy and are willing to pay for it, " says Hans Wallmark, one of the moderate members. He continues:
– Björn von Sydow think the report is good, but he represents a party that does not want to say how much you want to pay for to implement it. The ultimate question then becomes: what are the exercises to be set, which regiment shall not be restored, the submarine and aircraft shall not be purchased, criticizes Hans Wallmark.
the disagreement within the social-democracy is the reason they did not want to make up for the preparation försvarsekonomi.
In a joint statement of the six conservative members, they emphasize that the committee's report is a whole, where the security policy demands a stronger defense.
”To select the parts of the proposals or, as the government clearly want to, draw down on the proposed level of appropriations will not work. The document is continuously tuned to the armed Forces and other relevant authorities and further laying on of hands is not necessary, or even desirable.”
in the preparation Mikael Oscarsson has their own interpretation of why the social democrats did not want to make up on the economy.
– This shows in a new sense of urgency to the conflict that exists within the social democracy between the department of defense and the state department. They live in different world views. Peter Hultqvist know very well that the 84 billion needed to live up to our commitments against Finland and America.
– This undermines the confidence in the world. It is not a serious action. Should you build a house you must be in agreement about how it should look like, but also what it may cost. The last this dream was underfunded from day one and it is strange that the social democrats have not learned the lesson.
– With new regiments, we can in the next step to build up a armébrigad in mellannorrland. The preparation also agree if Uppsala is needed to defend Sweden, " says Oscarsson who delight in to the wing, the F 16 has to be restored in his hometown.
bourgeois also makes it clear that they are opposed to Sweden to sign the united nations convention to ban nuclear weapons. They also reiterates its position that Sweden should join Nato.
held on the Tuesday speech at the TCO congress in Stockholm, but did not want to answer a few questions about försvarsberedningens report. The prime minister left the premises via the back door directly after the speech.