According to the januariavtalet should migration policy be investigated by a parliamentary committee. It takes place at the same time as the temporary law is extended for two years, with some changes regarding family reunification.
however, It is not a complete overhaul of migration policy.
and with the extension of the temporary law, we have created the us two years to put together with the other political parties to see how the policy should look like. The new law will be when the temporary law expires in July 2021, and this means that the investigation gets a little over a year. Then, you can't add too many questions in it, " says Morgan Johansson when the DN hit him at the department of justice.
the first supplementary question to himself:
" What is it? The basis for asylum: in what situations should you get asylum? Where says januariavtalet to the humanitarian grounds for asylum to be reviewed. You must also bring in the balance between permanent and temporary residence permits. Perhaps another question, but not more.
The humanitarian asylskälen disappeared by the temporary law. What Morgan Johansson is now talking about, he says, is ”a small space for the most fragile cases”, such as seriously ill people.
is, " stresses the minister, a migration policy that is sustainable in the long term and with broad parliamentary support.
– the Socialists ' input in the work will be restrictive. I do not see that in addition to the steps we now take, with the family organization and the humanitarian basis for asylum, there is room for further steps in that direction, " says the minister, and refers to the situation at EU level.
the Investigation will run in parallel with the continued attempts at EU level to find a common asylum policy. The negotiations have faltered because of a number of EU countries were completely opposed to accepting refugees, and now put the discussions likely at the turned until a new EU parliament and a new commission is in place in the autumn.
– S has a congress that says that we cannot have a law that is too much differs from the rest of the EU. If, for example, the rest of the EU has a temporary residence permit, can not, Sweden was the only country that has permanent. Which is a major risk that we put back in the situation we had in 2015.
– There are different ways to find compromises, but I'm not in this situation to have a say in the matter. Our line is that all of the countries in crisis need to receive asylum seekers.
Some oppose this, but most of the world backs up our position.
to 70.000 in the past asylum seekers have left Sweden during the last five years, both to countries and to other EU countries. Of them leave 50,000 in the country voluntarily.
– There is sometimes a picture that no one leaves the country, but it is not true. A thousand people a month are rejected.Photo: Alexander Mahmoud
" It will leave Sweden voluntarily can apply for a reestablishment grant of up to 70.000 sek per family. DN has reported that payments to states by ERIN in Afghanistan is temporarily blocked, then the organization has failed in its accounts.
For adults, it is the country's responsibility. For children alone must a receiver be on the other side, " says Morgan Johansson.
to stay in Sweden or to be rejected or expelled, can in some cases be taken into custody. During the last years, the repository has been built out, but there is still a shortage of places and there are currently no detention to the north of Gävle.
In the spring you can reach the 450 seats, but according to one estimate from the Police and the Swedish migration board needed more than 900 locations in the year 2020.
– The figure is a year old, and I would like to have a new assessment of Police and Treatment. We now have the lowest number of asylum seekers in 13 years, which should speak for the need less. At the same time, the Police have other tools today, and can do spot checks in industries where we know that people are working illegally, as in the construction, restaurant, or nail care. It may increase the need for. I want to know where we land.
is in custody. Often, there is a cooperation with the penitentiary, in which persons who are anxious or rambunctious on the repository placed in the pre-trial detention, and the detention centre at overcrowding can use the repository.
sitting for too long in custody . How big is this problem?
" I can't say that I have seen that there is a huge problem. Most are sitting just a couple of weeks pending deportation.
the Number of asylum seekers also affects the Migration work. The authority cut down sharply in 2018, according to the M-KD-budget approved in december to decrease by a further 20 per cent. According to the Swedish migration board, the number of employees will be reduced by one thousand people from the current of 6,000 with fewer than a hundred redundancies, then the temporary employees stop.
– Cut man too much, and the processing times increases, then people have to wait longer on a decision, and then the costs will increase on asylboendena. Where we do not want to end up. I follow closely, month by month, how the process looks like, and we analyse how much you can reduce without it going out over the waiting times. More I can not say, we are in the middle of budget negotiations right now.
the Migration is releasing a new forecast on Friday, which, among other things, presents the estimated number of asylum seekers and the total expenditure.