Some of their employees had "and that," said the company. "We're sorry." The company denied, but a connection with the devastating fire.
employees of the company were on the roof of the Cathedral for the renovation of a scaffold in order for the 90-metre high pointed tower work, collapsed in the fire. Company spokesman Marc Eskenazi pleaded for understanding for the workers who had disregarded the Smoking ban. It was "a bit difficult, from the scaffold to descend, because that takes time".
The spokesman for the company, with headquarters in Jarny, near Metz, in Eastern France, but stressed: "In any case, a poorly expressed cigarette butts cause of the fire of the Notre can be a lady."
Video: images show the fire service in Notre-Dame tried in The fire, to prevent the worst. (Video: Reuters)
The satirical and investigative newspaper "Le Canard enchaîné" has reported in its current issue, the investigators were also of the hypothesis of a short circuit in the electric motors of the elevators to the stands. Company spokesman Eskenazi from castle also, this: There had been "no problems" with the engines, he said. In addition, they were far from the spire, and the fire started "Inside the building". (sda)
Created: 24.04.2019, 15:03 p.m.