For the best Friday this season for Haas was the Saturday of the Grand Prix a bit of a disappointment.
here looked like everything a grandprix weekend in the year 2020.
In the last third of the field won Kimi Räikkönen this time the internal duel among Alfa Romeo, Williams and Haas.
the Fin knockoutede both Haas-drivers and was on the 15. square 0,111 seconds faster than Kevin Magnussen.
the Dane has been on the ball in relation to its teamkammerat the whole weekend, but was barely two tenths better in the decisive attempt.
He qualified, however, only as 16's with Romain Grosjean as the 17's.
- Good place. It was close, was the immediate comment from Magnussens engineer Gary Gannon.
the Frenchman apologized for his mechanics, who had spent the whole night with switching to a new motor unit, after we found a leak in the old one.
For the team, however, it is important to understand why they are so competitive on Friday, but performed as usual, since it was earnest under the timing.
Daniil Kvyat must to the stewards after the running time of a blockage of Kevin Magnussen at the beginning of Q1. But even if the Russian gets a gridstraf, he starts for the advanced, it helps the Haas duo.
Romain Grosjean explained the lack of speed with that the car felt different after it was rebuilt, while Kevin Magnussen was a little annoyed that he didn't reached Q2, and it seems that the drivers have something to talk about for the next kørermøde.
As the traffic was close in the last turn, forgot several of the unwritten rules that many have broken in later years.
- On the second attempt I was going to have to stop completely in the last turn, because we ran so slowly. On top of that I was overtaken by some pieces which are not complying with the gentleman's agreement, which is, and which clearly is to shut up and do some things in. No reason to adhere to it in the future.
See also: Crash: - Oh, Magnussen braked
- All have to comply with it, before you can defend yourself to do it, said Kevin Magnussen afterwards.
- We were completely stopped as a team. Romain and I came out almost at the back. There were a few pieces behind us, which chose to overtake, before we keep in a long queue. Some jumped over, which is fair enough; I myself have done it before, but that was all that was talked about a gentlemen's agreement, where we would have to rely on each other. It is clearly nonsense, so the is I with on from now on.
- If running the race for the positions in the field, it becomes hay. It was the biggest drawback for me, that I was overtaken and had to wait.
- How is it. Turn a was a little compromised because of it, because fordækkene was too cold, and I had to brake earlier. I was only able to press from turn four, and I was not very much to reach Q2. A little too bad for the car drove otherwise well again. It has the really done the whole weekend, I just have not been able to get it put together, said the dane.
the Red Bull so fast out in the løbstrim, so Max Verstappen has the opportunity to cheat the Mercedes for the victory for the second week in a row. Photo: Pool/Ritzau Scanpix
See also: Unexpected help to the Haas
the Blockage on the first attempt and the huge traffic jam before the start of the crucial trials, the margins that the dane would have on his side to go on.
Lewis Hamilton grabbed yet another pole-position for the collection. The briton starts on a Sunday a contest from the front startrække for 150. time in his career. It was pole-position number 92.
Max Verstappen was three, while both Racing Points sneaked in front of the Red Bull-teamkammeraten Alexander Albon.
Charles Leclerc starting only nine, while the Ferrari colleague Sebastian Vettel again missed Q3 and starting 11's.
Sports and Games Watts: - I have changed my mind
Sports and Games Debriefing from the Uk: Suspicion against Haas: - Pure nonsense!
Sports and Games Debriefing from Silverstone: Healthy signs in Haas