2018 was a bad year for aktiespekulanter.
Also of Asger Aamund, who lost 8.4 million crowns before tax on its investments.
Danish celebrity - 30. jan. 2019 - at. 16:09 Asger Aamund on the sister's death: - Livsgnisten was gone
the Deficit in his self-titled company, A. J. Aamund, who have recently published accounts.
The 79-year-old actress tells, that the deficit is due to a steep fall in the shares in the biotech company Bavarian Nordic.
- My company is heavily engaged in Bavarian Nordic, and it means that when things are going well for Bavarian Nordic, all is going well for my company.
- And when it goes bad for Bavarian Nordic, it goes bad for my company, though we have also invested in many other things, says Asger Aamund.
By the end of 2018, he had securities and equity investments of 39 million dollars - significantly less than the year before.
Equity in Asger Aamunds investment firm is now at 45 million dollars.
Asger Aamund founded the Bavarian Nordic 1992 and was chairman of the board of the company until 2014, when the dutchman Gerardus Wilhelmus Maria van Odijk took over.
He says that this fall is due to the interruption of a vital study of Bavarian nordic's long-awaited means Prostvac against prostate cancer.
- It was a big surprise. We have plenty of scientific evidence that it stops cancer development in men who have prostate cancer.
- the Problem here is that when you need to try the midlet on large patient populations, and you only get access to patients that are actually dying, is it hard to get a significant survival rate, " says Asger Aamund.
Erhvervsmanden also believe that the disputed method of aktieverden called ’shorting’ have made it difficult for Bavarian Nordic to regain some of the lost value.
Bavarian Nordic has been perhaps the most used spekulationsaktie on the Danish stock market, because those who are called ’shortsellers’, have thrown themselves over it.
- It is a fact, and there are many who have said that one must ban the ’short selling’, and some countries have banned it, says Asger Aamund.
Despite the deficit has Asger Aamund distributed a dividend of 2.750.000 euros.
It is a downgrade compared with the year before, where he distributed 6 million dollars.
- It is what the board think are appropriate. There is no particular basis for it, says Asger Aamund.
the Board of directors consists of Asger Aamunds brother, Bjarke Weibel Delillo, and the lawyer Hans Christophersen.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Deficit has no significance
Asger Aamund call taxation of unrealized aktiegevinster for the unusually destructive for the development of the society. Photo: Olivia Loftlund
The red zeros, the last three years a total count of 16 million dollars, in Asger Aamunds company will have neither the emotional or financial importance for his life.
- No, for it is only unrealized capital gains. It is just some papirværdier that goes up and down.
- I'm not out to sell Bavarian Nordic shares. In fact it makes it not so much, says Asger Aamund.
Asger Aamund has also had big profits in his company. By 2015, when the pace of his shares yielded a profit of 106 million before tax.
All the while the year aktienedtur not bothering him, irritating to the extreme, to a surplus as at 106 million dollars is taxed.
- It means that you blvier have to sell shares in order to afford to pay the tax on the unrealized gains.
- And if it continues, you can every year go out and sell the shares, until there is no more back, says Asger Aamund.