It was with pomp and splendor, to TV3 last year announce that you gave a comeback to the 'Fort boyard'.
But even before the program's premiere, happening tonight, turns you now fixed, you can't vouch for the format, as it is now.
In the 'Fort boyard' is a part namely, various reptiles, and, among other things three tigers in the cage. The animals included as a kind of prop in the program, which apparently come from behind on the channel that recorded the entire season a year ago.
- We do not want the use of wild animals to be included in our programs going forward, and therefore, we have decided that we do not want to produce more 'Fort boyard', if wild animals are a part of the competitions and the surroundings of the Fort Boyard, says Kenneth Kristensen, program director at the CHRONICALLY Group in Denmark, which is behind TV3, in a press release.
the Participants in tonight's episode of 'Fort boyard'. Photo: Anthon Unger/CHRONICALLY
the Tigers brought from the village in France and spend two months at the fort, while be filmed, and it is completely out of the hemp, thinks Gitte Buchhave, who is the director of World Animal Protection Denmark.
- It is totally unacceptable in 2020, to wild animals to be used in connection with entertainment. Therefore it is also positive that the TV3 and CHRONICALLY Group now say that they are not going forward, use animals wild animals in their programs, she says to Ekstra Bladet.
It is not only in the Danish version of ’the Prisoners at the fort, which has been transported wild animals out to Fort Boyard, and the Animal Protection Denmark now hope that the production companies from other countries will learn from Denmark and stop using wild animals to entertain the tv viewers.
- It is grotesque to use animals for it. It is a time during from. It has CHRONICALLY Group realized by now, and they are in fact gone a step further and has asked us to help ensure the welfare of animals in their productions going forward. We are naturally happy, says Gitte Buchhave.
- Should TV3 after your perception completely drop to show off the upcoming season of ’fort boyard’, where there are animals?
- the Damage is done, one might say. The tigers have lived a terrible life, while one production company after another, the marches. It is important For us to look forward now and ensure that it does not happen again. Neither in the Danish programmes or in some other, says Gitte Buchhave.
the Tigers jump into their cage, so the competition can begin. Photo: Screendump/Chronically
Extra Magazine trying to get an in-depth commentary from program director Kenneth Kristensen.