800 g rundsstoofvlees
salt and pepper
1 onion, fijngenipperd
3 garlic cloves, crushed
250 g mushrooms, cut in half
4 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tbsp tomato paste
33 cl, blonde Archivist
1 vleesbouillonblokje + 500 ml of water
1 slice of white bread
5 sprigs of thyme
40 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Heat, on high heat, a pat of butter and a glug of olive oil in a large casserole and season the meat generously with salt and pepper.
3. Sear the meat, possibly in portions, to close.
4. Remove the meat from the pot. Stew the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 3 minutes before the carrots and tomato puree to add. Stir-fry for 2 minutes and extinguish with beer. Leave a 1-minute boil and add the broth, the bread, the thyme, chocolate and meat. Put the lid ajar on the pot. Put the pot in the oven. Cooked in about 2 hours, or until the meat is really tender.
6. Bake, just before serving, the potato croquettes in the deep fryer.
Eat you like stews? You are sure to love it!
do you Want the recipes and articles of NINA COOK every Friday in your mailbox? subscribe to our newsletter!