The two gangster-rappers from Sønderborg, Bea and Maria, is passed in the 'X Factor'.
It is clear after Friday's ’5 Chair Challenge’, where they were one of only three places available. Thus missing only one step on the ladder, namely bootcampen, before they can make ready for the live shows in front of the whole Denmark.
Film, tv & radio - 1. feb. 2019 - at. 09:38 Epic mess in the 'X Factor': I don't understand a damn thing
The two 18-year-old girls were subjected to massive criticism after their audition, because they talked about that they came from 'the ghetto' in Sønderborg, and demanded that people kept a distance. They had an attitude, which fit poorly with the Danish jantelov, which led to a storm of ridicule on social media.
- We got a lot of attention. Both the positive and the negative. It should people just do, we enjoy just ourselves, says Bea and Maria, as Extra Leaf to capture them over the phone.
- How was it to experience?
- It is not something we think about. People talk no matter what. You just have to think that when one is samtaleemnet, then you have achieved something that is bigger than them, tells Maria.
Maria and Bea on the stage at the '5 Chair Challenge'. Photo: Lasse Lagoni/TV2
She and Bea have been writing rap songs together in two years. But Friday's '5 Chair Challenge' was the first time they rapped with a microphone and sound in the ears. It gave certain challenges, as they are also mentioned in the program.
- It was technical stuff that was hard. For example, you should keep the microphone all the way to the mouth. If you hold it slightly away, so the fucker it up, " explains Maria, who is complemented by the Bea.
- And you hear its sound again in a way. It is a little difficult. It was our first time on a stage.
Event & Culture - 31. jan. 2019 - at. 15:10 Ups! Melodi Grand Prix participant missed the presentation
Although it was not as easy as it may look at home in the living rooms, so it was a great experience, stresses both.
It was like a dream. We felt a little nervous in the beginning, but then came the audience, and then drove it just away.
- How was it that your mentor, Oh Land, took away two chairs, so there were only three to fight about?
- I don't think we did us so many thoughts. We just did it.
- Where In the high self-confidence from?
- It is not self-confidence. It is self-esteem. I don't know where it comes from. I just think we are at, who we are. There is no reason to apologize. We dare to stand by our opinions. We have always known, that we are good. We just had to prove it. Give us a microphone and give us a scene, we can deliver, says Maria and Bea on top of each other.
They emphasize that their attitude is not assumed. It is true.
The two gangsters from Sønderborg can slowly catch a glimpse of the coveted seats at next month's live shows. And it was celebrated in style.
- We went to McDonald's afterwards. We just had a good. We felt like we had completed, reached the goal, and delivered the show, we would.
Their mentor, Oh Land has decided that she will put together two groups from the famous and best-selling and the Quality of the residues.