The great glory rained down on tennisstjernen Caroline Wozniacki on Saturday night at the show Sport 2018 in Herning.
It was Wozniacki's hailed to have reached his interim peak, when she in January in 2018 won grand slam tournament Australian Open.
First received the Caroline Wozniacki award B. T. Gold, which is awarded after 40 Danish athletes have submitted their vote.
The price was tennisstjernen in front of the player Pernille Harder and ishockeyspilleren Lars Or.
Shortly after, it was then time for the big price which is the price of that Year, the Sportsnavn, which is awarded by the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten and the Danish sports confederation (DIF) in the community.
Here was She name again shouted up, and she was honored in front of the two other nominees, there was cyclist Michael Valgren and the player Pernille Harder.
Harder was nominated for election as Europe's best footballer, while Valglrens nomination was due to the victories in the Amstel Gold Race and Omloop Het Nieuwsblad.
The nice performance, however, could not compete with a tennissejr in single in grand slam tournament Australian Open.
- We have had a lot of prestigious Danish sports achievements on the international stage in 2018.
- Caroline She performance at the Australian Open sticking out as the utmost, so she is a fully deserved winner of this Year's Sportsnavn, in all ubeskedenhed call for Denmark's largest idrætspris, says Morten Mølholm Hansen, director of the Danish sports confederation (DIF), and member of the award committee for the Year Sportsnavn, in a press release.
this is The second time in his career, that Caroline Wozniacki receives the award as the Year's Sportsnavn, which also happened in 2010.
the Background was, of course, what happened in the end of January in 2018 in Australia.
Here sent Romanian Simona Halep tennisbolden in the network after nearly three hours of tennis on the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.
In that moment, it was a fact that Caroline Wozniacki had reached his big goal of winning a grand slam tournament with victory at the Australian Open.
- Usually crying, I do not. But it is a very emotional moment. I have dreamed about this for so many years, and to stand here now is a dream come true.
this was the first word from the dane after finalesejren over Halep, who was defeated 7-6, 3-6, 6-4.
On a phone during the show commented Wozniacki B. T. gold price.
- It means really, really much.
- It means something very special, because it is the other practitioners, who have voted for me. It has been a very special year. It was worth the wait. I am still shaking whole. A thousand, thousand thanks. It means a lot, said Caroline Wozniacki.