While the configuration of the button 70 kilometers long vildsvinehegn along the Danish-German border are progressing as planned, and then shaking the critics of it up against the 80 millions crowns expensive fences at the head of the measure in order to keep african swine fever out of Denmark.
- the Fence will have no effect in relation to keeping wild boar out of Denmark. When it is finished, it will with its many holes remain open for the passage of the wild boar, which is hyper-intelligent and not afraid of urban areas or asphalt, "says Jørgen Popp Petersen, the pig industry, both and a member of the city council in Barrels for three years' Party, to Ekstra Bladet.
the pig industry, both and the local politician arranged Jrgen Popp Petersen does not believe that vildsvinehegnet will make any difference. There is vildsvinene too clever and will find your way through the 20 holes, which according to the Schengen agreement must continue to be along the almost 70-kilometer-long grænsestrækning. Private
the Criticism from the sønderjyden and lokalpolitikeren with a svinebesætning on 600 lakes comes at the same time that the environment and food Jakob Ellemann-Jensen (V), and the minister of health, Ellen Trane Nørby, (V), on Monday visited the site where vildsvinehegnet now on the fourth week is about to be set up.
- There is a contradiction in that to set up the fence in a way so it does not prevent species such as otters, wolves and deer from crossing the border. When it's done on the way, so must vildsvinene also probably find their way across the border, says mr Popp Petersen.
He refers, among other things, that the so-called Schengen agreement means that there are a dozen sites will be paved and free passages, for example, for agricultural vehicles.
Jørgen Popp Petersen says that more foreign media from, among others, France and the UNITED states have contacted him, because they also wonder about the hegnets setup.
- It is, in my opinion, a false sense of security, if you believe that it is it that can make a difference, he says.
In the nature agency's application for planning permission of vildsvinehegnet explains how the fence is built in order to help other species to pass.
For every 100 metres of fence comes with a 20-centimeter wide opening, for example, otters and hares. And then there are 20 openings by, among other roads, so the vehicles can pass.
Jørgen Popp Petersen is surprised that the Danish politicians are not listening to the EU experts, who have determined that a mobile fence, which can quickly embed any finding of the african swine fever, is a better and more effective solution.
Statsskovrider at the Danish Nature agency, which is the developer of the project, Bent Rasmussen, think that Jørgen Popp Petersen and other critics are forgetting a few important points in their analysis of the hegnets lack of effect.
- Many critics forget that the basic premise for Denmark in this issue is different than for countries such as Germany, Belgium and Poland. We have in contrast to these countries, only a quite small population and a not very elongated limit, he says to Ekstra Bladet, and continues:
- the Fence will therefore be effective because it must be seen in context with the fact that they get the wild boar, which still finds its way across the border, must be destroyed as soon as possible. We will be able to do, because there is also install video surveillance, where there are gaps in the fence.
One of the politicians who voted for the setup of vildsvinehegnet, member of parliament Benny Engelbrecht (S). He is aware that both the boar and, thus, african swine fever can come across the border in spite of the fence, but he points out that, with the setup of the fence wanted to send a signal for the export:
- It is first and foremost a symbolic fence, to send the signal to foreign countries, which buy our pork, and we do everything we can to protect the country from contagion, " said Benny Engelbrecht, a few days ago to multiple media.
It is just under 70 kilometres long and approximately one and a half metres high fence is expected to be ready for the fall. Photo Anders Brohus
It is up to 80 million crowns expensive vildsvinehegn is expected to be ready in the autumn.
Agriculture & Foods that have been used to finance the fence, do not agree with the criticism of the vildsvinehegnet. The organisation suggests that just a single outbreak of african swine fever in Denmark will be very serious. Exports of pork to countries outside the EU will close immediately, and this export alone has a value of 11 billion dollars a year.
the Danish policy - 3. apr. 2018 - at. 21:47 the Agricultural good friend
Community - 3. apr. 2018 - at. 12:42 Here, Esben Lunde build 70 km of fences: - Waste of money!