2-Thursday to announce that Jørgen Leth will not turn back the screen when the Tour de France rolls over the screen. 81-year-old Leth and tv station could not agree on a framework for his involvement, and stops, therefore, their long-standing cooperation.
According to Ekstra cykelkommentator, Michael Rasmussen, Jørgen Leth had a major impact on the Tour de France's status in the Denmark.
- Jørgen Leth in Denmark has been synonymous with the Tour de France in many years. He has been with to make the race the great in Denmark,
- I think that there are many who only have switched on for during to hear of Jørgen Leth, says Michael Rasmussen, an Extra Magazine.
Cycling - 4. apr. 2019 - at. 10:09 Can't agree: Jørgen Leth out of the Tour de France
If you ask 'the Chicken', so will the legendary cykelkommentator be missed by many. Including Rasmussen himself.
- I think that there are many who will miss him. Personally, I will particularly miss his voice.
- Jørgen and I have a good relationship, that goes back to when I myself was active. He is, as you know, quite excited for bjergryttere, so you could say that we had a common passion, says Michael Rasmussen.
Jørgen Leth has been to cover the Tour de France the whole 38 times. Photo: Jacob Ehrbahn.
One of the contentious points between the TV 2 and Jørgen Leth, was, on the Leth would have to be in France or in Odense during the race. TV 2 wanted to keep him at home at kvægtorvet, odense, but it would Jørgen Leth not go with.
even Though the roses from Michael Rasmussen to the 81-year-old Jørgen Leth is many, have Ekstra cykelkommentator understanding of TV 2's actions.
the Age is starting to tap, and you just have to say that it is hard work 26 days in a row.
- I understand the 100% of TV 2's side, it is really hard to cover the Tour de France with a 6-7000 mile journey in the car and 18 different hotels in 26 days, " says Michael Rasmussen.
When it is said and done, then it becomes according to 'the Chicken' is a challenge for TV 2 to continue their Tour de France coverage without the Jørgen Leth.
- They have many competent people on the TV 2, but they have no Jørgen Leth, You can't make a new Jørgen Leth, says Michael Rasmussen, an Extra Magazine.
Jørgen Leth covered the Tour de France on the TV 2 in the period 1988-2005 with Jørn Mader, and again in the period 2009-2018, with Dennis Ritter and Rolf Sørensen.
Cycling - 22. feb. 2019 - at. 06:56 Jørgen Leth celebrates Danish Tour-stage: - Can be out of control