Both wearing dark blue suits appear Joe Biden and Kamala Harris late Wednesday night local time, for the first time since the appointment of Harris as a running mate Tuesday.
It happens at Dupont High School in biden's hometown of Wilmington, in the state of Delaware.
Biden opens the event with a praise on her new mate, the 55-year-old senator Kamala Harris from California.
Biden call Harris for 'the right person' for the role as the US vice president.
- Kamala, as you all know, is smart, she is tough, she is experienced and she is the one who fights for this country's foundation: the middle class. She is fighting for all those trying to get into the middle class, says Biden, according to CNN.
- Kamala know how to lead, she knows how to take the hard decisions. She is ready to perform this job from day one.
Joe Biden refers to Kamala Harris' history as 'AMERICA's history'.
As the daughter of a jamaican father and an indian mother says Biden, that Harris is 'a child of immigrants, who personally know how immigrant families enriches our country and know the challenges of growing up black and indian-american in the UNITED states'.
- In this morning, woke up small girls - especially black girls, who feel overlooked and undervalued in their communities - and today, they may look themselves for the first time in a new light as presidents or vice presidents, says Joe Biden, according to CNN.
Also the more than five million americans who have been infected with the coronavirus, get word with on the way of the 77-year-old Biden:
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris-the administration will have a comprehensive plan to meet the challenge from covid-19 and turn this pandemis development.
- We will ensure clear, science-based guidelines, to scale dramatically up for testing and make sure that the länder and local governments have the resources they need, so they can reopen the schools and businesses safely, he says.
- the UNITED states needs a president and a vice-president who is willing to lead and take responsibility, he adds.
After months of speculation the designated Biden on Tuesday Harris as his bid for a vice-president.
the 55-year-old Kamala Harris, was in the 2016 elected as senator in California.
She has a legal background and was, among other things delstatsjustitsminister in California, before the Senate called.