the Uk government to postpone the vote in parliament on the brexitavtalet and Theresa May hope for new negotiations with the EU.
the political scientist Thomas Persson says that it is \\
Prime minister Theresa May has listened to the criticism and concerns over the northern ireland, our backup plan is going, which called for the backstop, in the brexitavtalet. Now she will have a discussion with the EU about what can be done, she announces.
– It looks really messy out in the Uk right now. It is some kind of national crisis and you do not know where it will land, " says Thomas Persson, associate professor of political science at Uppsala university.
– Where the driver is that there will be a brexit without a contract if you do not get through this in parliament
He is very much in doubt as to whether new negotiations with the EU can lead anywhere.
" I think the prospects that the EU would renegotiate the contract is very small in this mode. I have a hard time to see that the EU countries would go along with it.
TT: What can May do more in this mode?
– There is a possibility and that is that you can shoot at this to bring about a new referendum, but I doubt if it is possible. Several polls in recent days show that there is a growing support in the Uk to stay in EU, but the government has been determined to push through brexit and at the same time, the opposition has been very unclear with what it wants.
– This can ultimately lead to it becoming a new election but it would likely also mean a political end of May, " he says.
Mep Fredrick Federley (C), believe it is time for the Uk to decide:
Risk Swedish jobs
with The Mays information, the risks of a hard brexit – a withdrawal without agreement – increased. The risk thousands of jobs in Sweden, according to the Stockholm Chamber of commerce ceo Andreas Hatzigeorgiou.
– the Stakes in the game of brexit has definitely been raised. 8 200 jobs are under threat in Sweden if there is a disorderly divorce. It would mean 18 billion in lost GDP over two years, " he says.
A hard brexit right now will very inappropriate for Sweden for several reasons.
– Several signals have shown that Sweden passed an economic peak. In addition to this, we have a political situation in which we lack a government that would be able to act with decisiveness.
According to the analysts of the major banks have JP Morgan has the likelihood that the british, in spite of everything stays in the EU is now increased. It is according to Hatzigeorgiou not necessarily the best-case scenario:
– Brexitprocessen has also created a lot of mess within the EU, and some are of the opinion that it is better to tear off the patch now. It would be best if it could be created the peace and quiet around the brexitprocessen, and that this mess will be at an end.