the eyes of the World have again been directed against Sri Lanka Monday, where the total death toll after the bloody terrorist attack on easter Sunday is up to 290 people. Up to 500 people have been injured.
Here is an overview of the terrible and bloody assault.
Early Monday morning, Danish time, the authorities considered 87 less bomb-detonatorere at a big bus station located in the Sri Lankan capital, Colombo. A new attack was thus averted.
39 nationals from no less than 12 different nations have lost their lives, including three children of the Bestseller the billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen and his wife, Anne.
the 112 - 22. apr. 2019 - at. 16:56 Brutal details of the clean-up operation
at the same time a delegation from the Danish authorities arrived to Sri Lanka, where they have established a krisekontor at the Norwegian embassy in the north of Colombo. From there they will provide support to the danes, which is located in Sri Lanka.
Sunday was Sri Lanka hit by eight explosions. Several of these were suicide bombings. On Monday afternoon about o'clock 13 English time sounded as yet another explosion in the sri lankan headstand.
- Anthony and I found ourselves at the city's forensic institute, when we heard the noise. It sounded like a deep rumbling. We thought it was thunder, until our local driver was told by a friend about, it was a new explosion, tells Extra the Magazine's reporter on the spot.
This time there was talk of a car that jumped in the air, as the special forces tried to defuse the bomb. The car kept parked near the catholic St. Anthony's Church that Sunday were the victims of a suicide attack with many deaths to follow.
the Article continues under the picture ...
the Military is massively present in the streets in the sri lankan capital, Colombo, on Monday. Photo: Anthon Unger
Local group behind the attack
the Police in Sri Lanka have arrested 24 persons in connection with the explosions on Sunday and Monday. Sri Lankan health minister, Rajitha Senaratne, said Monday that it is a local group of islamist militants by the name of National Thowfeek Jamaath, who is behind the attacks.
the Minister fears that the extremist group has received assistance from international terrorist organisations such as Islamic State or Al Qaeda.
- I do not think that these attacks were carried out by a group of people who are limited to this country. There was an international network, without which these attacks could not have taken place, says at a press conference from the sunhedsministeren, which also has the task to brief journalists about the government's work.
the Group has several times created problems for the particular buddhists in Sri Lanka. By december 2018, where they vandalised several buddhist temples in the town of Mawanella.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
Overview of Monday's scenario
on Monday, could Bestseller confirm that the three killed, the danes are all children of the group's owner, Donald Hoch Povlsen and his wife, Anne. In addition, there is been the following.
* on Monday, a car exploded. According to witnesses worked cops to defuse some explosives in the car, immediately before it exploded. There are no reported injured or killed by the explosion.
* the Explosion took place, immediately after the police announce that there were found 87 detonators for bombs on Colombo's main bus station.
* Near Colombo airport, has the air force found a pipe filled with explosives, which was rendered harmless.
* the Police in Sri Lanka have arrested 24 persons in connection with the explosions.
* the Country's defence minister called a news conference the attacks of terror.
* the Authorities in Sri Lanka have imposed a nighttime curfew on the night of Tuesday. At the same time, the country's government has closed down all of the major social media and messaging services.read more Close
on Monday, it also came to light that intelligence agencies from India and the UNITED states 11 days before the attack on easter Sunday in a report warned the minutest detail about the impending attack.
the Warning came already 11. april, but the prime minister was not notified about the report, and it is not clear what action - if any - that were set in motion as a result of the hint from the foreign intelligence service.
- When we asked to efterretningsrapporten, well-known the prime minister (Ranil Wickremesinghe, red.) not to inform sundhedsministeen.
Sri Lanka's top security authority, the Security council, shall report directly to the president. But the prime minister will no longer be invited to the meetings of the Security council due to a conflict between him and the president tells the minister of health.
the Conflict between president Maithripala Sirisena and the prime minister has been going on since October 2018.
the Authorities in Sri Lanka have imposed a curfew on the night of Tuesday. At the same time, the country's government remains shut down for all major social media and messaging services.
Extra Magazine follows developments closely from Sri Lanka.
the 112 - 22. apr. 2019 - at. 08:36 Denmark's richest man's children were killed in bombemassakre
the 112 - 22. apr. 2019 - at. 14:13 Shortly before the tragedy: the Children should continue great project
the 112 - 22. apr. 2019 - at. 13:47 Deafening bang: exploding the vehicle
the 112 - 21. apr. 2019 - at. 12:59 - it Works very well-considered