Actor Robert Lyda has played with in a myriad of different films, series and plays - from comedy films like 'Klassefesten' and 'Blue men' to julekalendere, intense dramas, and the Shakespeare pieces.
But this summer he walks the plank and try something completely new.
For the first time in his career he fills out namely the role of the tv host, when the DR program 'Sommertogtet – the sound of our country' will premiere on Sunday.
- I thought that I should challenge myself. I feel inherently most comfortable in having a role that is written for me.
- But it is to be a tv host acting like the spectacle – to define the role for themselves, says Troels Lychgate.
See also: Mike Lyda: Folkekær role is anxiety-provoking
In the program invite the 53-year-old actress a large number of Danish musicians on board a sailing ship, and together they sail around the Danish archipelago. From Klintholmt to Be, Ærøskøbing, Svendborg, Middelfart and Aarhus.
Among the many musicians, as guests of the ship, are the stars as Lis Sørensen, Mads Langer, Michael Falch and Lina Rafn.
along the Way presents every song, as they do not usually occur with, and explains why the song has special meaning to them.
And the convergence of music, English summer and life on the sea is something, Troels Lychgate really enjoyed.
- It has been a luksusjob. I had to pinch myself in the arm several times, because it was so wild, he says, and elaborates how the days, the series is recorded above, was:
We slept on board the boat and ate together. We jumped in the water together, and in the evening, when the cameras were off, went to a jam in time. It was not just any jam, but the country's best musicians, who played. It was one long party.
the Role of the host is ubetrådt country for Kathleen Lyda, who comes from a world filled with plays, manuscripts, and speeches.
He was educated at the acting school in Odense in 1994 and has throughout his career made a virtue out of challenging himself.
One of the biggest challenges in his career he experienced in 1998, where he was with Lars von Trier-dogmefilmen 'the Idiots', which is about a bunch of young people who publicly pretend that they are mentally handicapped.
As an exercise asked the instructor at the time the 32-year-old Robert Lyda and several of the movie's other actors about to walk down the Strøget in Copenhagen and around in a shopping mall Holte, who was the spastic paralyzed.
- It was pretty wild and cross-border. I didn't want to be acting, for we cheat the real to the people who were there.
- They thought we had a physical disability. And it would be seen as we made fun of people with disabilities, if they found out, that we prepared ourselves for the roles in this way. We could not get out of those roles. It was crazy, " says Troels Lychgate.
See also: great to play together with my beloved
Although it was a cross-border challenge, it has been his mantra throughout his career, that he should seize as many opportunities as he could.
- On the skuespilskolen we learned that we need to say yes to everything. If there comes a challenge, so bring it up, says Troels Lyda and elaborates:
- You can feel, whether it is true. And I could it here, he says about his role as the host of the new program at sea.
Through its more than 25 year long career, Kathleen Lyda played with in a myriad of tv series, and he has been able to draw on the new job as the host.
- I have taken it to remain calm in a television crew with me. There are many chefs, and you should not destroy food. So I've been quiet and kept my concentration, " says Troels Lyda and adds:
- The more relaxed I was, the better the program was. If you just let things happen, it is clearly the best, he says about his role in the program, which aims to fill the danes ' summer holiday with the music and the lapping of the waves.
See also: Born too soon: the Danish actress has become a mother
Kathleen Lyda will vacation on the island of Bornholm, which must be in the cottage with his girlfriend, fawlty towers star, Cecilie Stenspil, and their two-year-old son Samuel 'for so long we bother and can', he says.
- I'm going to be with my family and enjoy them. I find great calm and joy in, says the actor.
'Sommertogtet - the sound of our country' will be sent over six sections. The first section can be seen from Sunday at 20 on DR1 and modern art.