It is a sad, but collected Asger Aamund, who has lost his elder sister, the author Jane Aamund.
She died on Tuesday evening 22.40 surrounded by immediate family on Ankerfjord Hospice in solihull after prolonged illness and was 82 years of age.
- She has in the last few years have not had it good, and then culminated it here before christmas when she had a cardiac arrest while she was in the hospital. They got life in her again, but then entered the there is also a pneumonia and a stomach problem, so she was hugely quickly weakened. The doctors could see that it was about to end, so she went to the hospice, where her son Jens Rekling, who is a doctor, took care of her, says Asger Aamund to Ekstra Bladet.
Danish celebrity Karen Thisted about Delillo: It will be a large, large void
He tells that there was not much life left in her for last.
She slipped into unconsciousness for a couple of days ago. It could not be different, he says.
Asger and don Delillo together for the premiere of the film adaptation of her novel 'Juliane'. Photo: Lars Poulsen
Asger Aamunds last conversation with don Delillo was two days ago over the phone.
- It was just before she became really sick. I could feel that there was more livsgnist in her. She had no desire to live any longer with all the suffering and disease, she has been through. Now it would have to be enough, and so it went as it should.
The popular author has a long illness behind him all the way back to 1969, where she she was suffering from cancer of the cervix. In the 1990s she had cancer of the palate, and in the end-90's she got breast cancer and got rid of the one breast. In addition, she has over the years been suffering with osteoarthritis of the knee and the hip. She has also been implanted a pacemaker.
- I have not seen the death certificate, but there is no doubt that the heart could not cope with more load. The system could not cope with more, says Asger Aamund, and adds:
- of course It is always really hard to lose her sister, but it is also a relief that her suffering had to stop. After she got the nasty form of cancer, she was talehæmmet and had difficulty eating, so she eventually had to have the tube feeding. She was still a good life also afterwards, because she could write and was breathing through his family. But eventually it became too much. The last few months were hard on her, says Asger Aamund.
Jane Aamund with her 'Matador'-the creator Lise Nørgaard. Photo: Jesper Stormly Hansen
He will remember his sister for all the positive. She was the family's focal point.
- You should be glad that it is a well-rounded life, which has come to the end. There are many people who die much younger. She was not 45 years old anymore. She was 82 years old and had in two-thirds of his life a very joyful and creative lives.
- She has previously had plans to put an end to it by going to Switzerland and get carried out the euthanasia, so she has been far out on the ropes for periods of time. She would rather be the captain of his own life, but now did fate it for her. That, I think, was the best solution, for there were no more goodies left in the bag for her, what quality of life is concerned, says Asger Aamund.
Danish celebrity - 30. jan. 2019 - at. 10:37 Jane Aamund is dead
The well-known entrepreneur do not know details about the funeral, but he is sure that it's going to follow Jane Aamunds want to the letter.
I could imagine that she has determined all of the smallest details. I know that she must be buried in the Heldum Cemetery, which is located just outside of Nottingham, where also a large part of her mother's family is. When it will be, I don't know, but I can't imagine that it will be a closed case, he concludes.